For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Hurray for my credit card company!

Val-the-nomad

I am so grateful that Samsung, my credit card company, are on the ball. Yesterday I got a call from their fraud department. They'd noticed some suspicious activity, a random charge of 91 cents from a company whose name I didn't recognise.

Because I don't speak or read very much Korean I hadn't responded to their text message asking me about it, so they found an English speaker to call and get it sorted out.

The upshot is that my card details had been phished during an online transaction, and the small charge is a kind of test run. If it hadn't been challenged then a larger one would have followed.

I'm really happy that they went to all the extra effort to maintain a high standard of customer service. I only wish the criminals who are behind these scams and schemes would use their brains in such a productive way.

Very nice!! I'm glad they checked on it. I'm not sure that my credit card company would do that, for a small amount under a dollar. I suspect if I didn't catch it on the bill, they would ignore it also.

Yes, I'm lucky they are so diligent. I know from research I've done for work here that this kind of 'tester' charge is quite common. If you don't notice then the next one could be for hundreds of dollars. Maybe my story will alert others to watch out for this kind of thing.

Thank you Val for the very helpful post!  I am glad it was challenged and questioned.  As was mentioned, many credit card companies would not begin to ask a question for a transaction with such a low dollar amount.  So happy it had a happy ending for you, and hopefully the person/people responsible for this will think twice before trying it again.

Yes, don't worry too much about those tester charges. Usually when you buy something online, you will first be charged 1.00 to ensure that the payment went through properly. Then, it will be taken off the account.

Yes, don't worry too much about those tester charges. Usually when you buy something online, you will first be charged 1.00 to ensure that the payment went through properly. Then, it will be taken off the account.

That has happened before when I have booked a hotel or similar. This time the fraud department picked up a transaction which was not instigated by me. I have no idea how they know the difference, but I'm eternally grateful.