For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Yummy dessert?

dirving

We are sending our twins off to college (separate colleges) next week, and I want to know of a really good dessert my wife and I can make them. They both LOVE chocolate and ice cream, they love cake, etc. One of them is allergic to nuts so that's the only thing I cannot use. But most recipes you can usually ignore them. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry nobody responded with any recipes. Did you come up with something that would work for both of them? Most of the things I could think of included peanut butter (which I love) but that wouldn't work for yours :)

Well I like baked Alaska. You could use chocolate ice cream and chocolate sponge cake. It's a really easy recipe too, just ensure that the meringue completely covers the cake and ice cream so that the ice cream doesn't melt in the oven.

Have you thought about Brownies? I know that's sort of a plain dessert, but it travels well and keeps well if you have them sealed. You could also spice them up with coconut, chocolate chips, dried cranberries or other dried fruit. I love chocolate covered fruit so you can see where I'm going here. My wife has made Brownies with pieces of strawberries in them. She also used a cream cheese frosting with bits of strawberry and did a garnish of sliced strawberries. The homemakers club she belongs to got to sample them and the women are still asking her to make more.  :)

Brownies are a wonderful idea! Hey, buddys, do you think that your wife would be willing to share her recipe? That sounds absolutely delicious to me!

I'll ask and see. I'm sure she won't mind. She's always coming up with something new and different. She says the things she mixes in are just the "icing on the cake" so to speak.