For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Rearranging the House

Perfect7

How often (if ever) do you rearrange rooms in your house? I find that it helps to deep clean things, but I don't do it nearly as often as I would like to, partly because of resistance from others who live here.

I actually laughed out loud when I read your post, Perfect7, because the running joke amongst my family and friends is how often I rearrange my furniture. They all walk in the door and say "You've changed it again!"  I get bored quickly, and changing the furniture gives me a quick pick-me-up.  I have hardwood floors and little furniture "coasters" and I just push things around where I want them without any help.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I love rearranging furniture in rooms in my apartment.  I'm the type of person who becomes bored easily, so I'm always trying to make things look "new" or different.  Whether it's moving the sofa to a different wall or at a different angle in the living room, or placing the clean towels and bed linens in a different location (even on another shelf in the same closet).  For me, it's just about keeping things fresh.

Our home is fairly small so, since we bought a large leather sofa and chairs, they really only fit where we have them now. When we had a smaller suite I did change the pieces around a couple of times a year but I'm not that bothered now!

• 1 month later...

For the first time my living room accepts only one arrangement for my furniture.  This is madding for someone who started rearranging her parents furniture when she was 10.  I've found that most rooms have two or three possible arrangements, but only one perfect fit for the furniture you already have.

I love changing my furniture around, I agree that it does do deep cleaning. Unfortunately, it doesn't get done as much as I would like, we are remodeling and right now it isn't easy to do. I just do it to add some change to the house, not because I am bored or bored with how it looks, just keeps things interesting. :)