For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What are your family traditions?

Destiny Fields

I have a very small family, with little traditions. We have started a few that I hope will continue, though it seems there is little tradition around anymore and it made me wonder what kind of traditions people carry on.

We have a few traditions. One is that each child receives a hand-made quilt for his or her 13th birthday. My daughter has a tradition of pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake every year. There are others as well.

During my first marriage the kid's presents were hidden until they were asleep on Christmas eve. After my second marriage we adopted my new husband's tradition of presents under the tree a week before the big day. It shows how traditions change.

When my daughter was little, we always put some presents under the tree prior to Christmas eve.  But on Christmas eve/early Christmas day, we'd put unwrapped presents from "Santa" under the tree.  These gifts from Santa usually consisted of the bigger and higher-priced items (bicycles, a Barbie Jeep, that sort of thing).  It was always such fun to wake up early Christmas morning and making a big deal about "what Santa brought."

• 3 weeks later...

One tradition that we have in my family is that sometime in November my Mom will call me and when I pick up the phone the song "Ding A Ling, The Christmas Bell" by Lynn Anderson will be playing.  After the song ends, I get to hear the story of how that song was the last song playing on the car radio before my Mom arrived at the hospital to have me.  I will be 39 this year, and she has never missed a year to surprise me with the song and the story.