For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Health

TerryMB

I've been having headaches for months and my doctor has put me on Tylenol with codeine but it doesn't agree with my stomach. I think she should do more tests but my insurance doesn't cover a second opinion. What kinds of tests should I ask for (demand) the next time I go?

Do you know what kind of headaches they are? Different headaches require different treatments. Tension headaches, sinus headaches, and migraines are three of the most common.

Have you had your eyes checked? Here in the UK we have access to opticians on the high street who can test our eyes and prescribe and sell us spectacles if our vision is faulty, which can sometimes cause headaches.

I do wear glasses and I went through adjustment headaches when I first got them. My doctor said that a neurologist told her that migraines are very rare and that most of the time they're usually tension headaches which are actually neck strain. She did start me out on allergy meds but that didn't do anything.

I would ask for an MRI of the head and neck to see if you have a vertebra out of place or something going on in your head that would cause the headaches. It's not normal to have headaches every day to the extent that you need a strong pain pill like Tylenol with codeine to make them stop.

I agree with buddys.  People aren't really meant to have headaches (though they do happen from time to time), and pills don't cure headaches.  If they continue, and they are debilitating, demand the MRI.

Best of luck to you!

Before that, however, you might consider finding a good chiropractor. A GOOD one will do an x-ray first so that he will not hurt you worse in trying to fix things, and if it is something out in the neck or spine, that would fix it.