For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Winter cleaning

Perfect7

It seems like a good idea to do a cleaning/decluttering before Christmas to make room for any new things that come into the house. Does anyone else do this?

• Like 1

I think this is a good idea if you have children because they will be receiving new toys. When our children were small we used to send a lot of used toys to the children's hospital at this time of year, to leave room for the new ones.

We've done the same thing, Silva.  We had a rule - for each new toy that came into the house, one had to leave.  It actually worked quite well.  Now she's older and we've not been as strict with her regarding the one in, one out rule.

• 2 weeks later...

We also do a bit of winter cleaning right before the holidays. We definitely go through all of the toys to make room for the new ones. In addition, December is the last month we can donate items for the tax write-off!

I also like giving my place a good clear out in the run up to Christmas. I don't really have room for clutter but somehow it builds up! I also tend to be moving on to a new contract at this time of year, so there's a second good reason to miminalise my possessions.