For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to Manage Time

SkyBlue

My question for today is whether you feel able to manage your time, or whether your time manages you.  What has brought this to my mind is reading an article in a magazine, all about how to organise the time while working at home. 

Despite having a day job I am currently doing various other bits of work, contributing to websites and trying to write fiction.  I have no doubts that I could be much more productive in those areas if I was a little more organised.  Today I have set out full of good intentions.  I've made a list of things I need to get done, and a chart so I can see how I actually spend my time when I'm at home.  So far, so good - I am progressing through my list of jobs without too many distractions or interruptions.  Watch this space to see how my new regime goes!

I'd love to hear any tips that you find useful for helping you keep on top of everything.

I believe it is dependent on whether or not you have a rigid schedule. If your schedule is not rigid, or fixed, from day to day, then you have to manage your time accordingly; It is easier to procrastinate, or to fail to meet deadlines. If you have distractions, not having a looming deadlines helps to ferment an atmosphere of switching from one activity to another and getting little to no actual work done.

On the other hand, if your daily regiment is mandated and immutable, it is more difficult to escape into less-productive tasks. Yet, this rigidity can come back to bite you, especially if it turns into just a monotonous procession.

I think you need a combination of both, but you cannot settle for one or the other.