For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Can you survive without a television at home?

postingfreak

Seriously, I thought I couldn't. I loved the soaps, the music programs, the Discovery channel, and all those senseless movies. Then the television conked. Life was unbearable for a month. After a couple of months, I began wondering how I could have wasted all those hours in front of the television. You can ask me, "why didn't you purchase a new television?" Well, ours is a big family, and nobody wanted to spend his/her hard earned cash on a television. Everybody waited for somebody to purchase a television, and finally, nobody bought it. So, now we don't have a television at home. I depend on the Internet for news. I think I am slightly addicted to the Net. What about you? Do you think you can survive without a television at home?

Yes. I could absolutely survive without a television in the house. I barely watch the one I have now. If there's any show or movie I really want to watch, I can download it from the net anyway

I definitely think I could survive without television. I don't really have any tv shows that I are a must-see, well, apart from Heroes. I caught up with that by borrowing a friend's DVD anyway. Or if there is something I really wanted to see I could always watch it online.

Is that cheating though?!

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely, I'm not addicted to any television shows anymore, so I don't have any show to look forward to. I honestly thought I coudn't leave without television. I'd always loved the "American Idol", "Amercica's next Top Model", "The Bachelor", and "The iron chief." I couldn't afford to miss any episode, so after work I had to make sure I'll be home at the exact time I'd set for myself(no shopping and no dating). But that was not the case anymore. Our television's no longer working and no one's planning to get a new set so I've started a new routine and I'm loving it. :) I'm using the time I've spent watching soaps and tv shows on accomplishing more interesting task. There are other media to keep me informed about the latest news anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

The television has been my main source of entertainment for most of my adult life. Since I do a lot of freelance writing on the internet at the present time, I just don't have time to watch television. If the forum I am posting on is a television forum, then I usually watch the shows online. So yes, I could survive without a television. My children on the other hand, might not be so willing.

Guest biswajit

I don't  think that i will be survive without a television at home because  television  is a device that will give u each and every knowledge about world through their different channel. Beside, we entertained seeing movies , songs and different type of program .It's also provide us news which is going on our places or outside.So, it is good device that is needed everywhere for becoming civilized.. But we have to be careful about the disadvantage of if because children always going see movie that is not good for them.

I couldn't survive without a television in the home, not at all.  I am an avid player of video games, so without a television, i'm already at a loss.  Secondly, I have two kids at home and no TV in the house equals tantrums galore.  Granted I can keep them occupied, but it's nice to put in one of their favorite movies and get some other work done. 

I think that a better question would be if you could survive without cable or over the air television stations.  I could definitely live without that.  It always seems like there is never anything on, and that I just channel surf endlessly.  I get my news fix from the internet, and if there are any television shows really worth watching I would rather pick them up on DVD and avoid commercials.  Commercials are just attention breakers in my opinion.

When you read a book, you imagine what the characters looks like, as well as get insight to their thoughts and motivation than television just can't provide. With television, I only watch science shows, the news, and a few sporting events. Yes, I believe that I could not only survive, but thrive without television.

I'm going through the same thing right now, postingfreak! Our cable box gave out on us, and the cable company hasn't been able to get us a new one (as if you've never heard THAT story!) We can still get a couple of local channels, but those are pretty useless. We play "Scrubs" DVDs to trick ourselves into thinking we're watching TV, and I watch Stephen Colbert's episodes on his website, lol.

So, I'm kind of surviving...but technically, no. I could do it if I had no choice (I did work at a summer camp with no TV for 3 months), but it is hard!

My television stays on the whole time we are home and are up. Of course, I do have to turn it off to get the kids to do their schoolwork. But, usually the poor thing is constantly on. I don't really know how much power it uses, maybe I should turn it off to save power. But, we have always had it on.

I could very easily go without a television at home.  I went several years without one in the past because of religious reasons.  My children were young then and they played with their toys like children should be doing.  I do have certain shows that I enjoy watching but I've always been an avid reader anyway so I would just read more as well as doing more crocheting.

I too could live without a TV-because I watch all my tv online :P In truth, I live in a country that isn't my home and I never got into TV here, so what I do watch comes from home.

Seriously, I thought I couldn't. I loved the soaps, the music programs, the Discovery channel, and all those senseless movies. Then the television conked. Life was unbearable for a month. After a couple of months, I began wondering how I could have wasted all those hours in front of the television. You can ask me, "why didn't you purchase a new television?" Well, ours is a big family, and nobody wanted to spend his/her hard earned cash on a television. Everybody waited for somebody to purchase a television, and finally, nobody bought it. So, now we don't have a television at home. I depend on the Internet for news. I think I am slightly addicted to the Net. What about you? Do you think you can survive without a television at home?

Frankly speaking , I only watch T.V when I am a little stressed or need a little bit of entertainment.But now , ever since I started blogging and writing articles, it has started providing me the entertainment I needed.So I can pretty much do without T.V.