For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Is the current economy affecting you?

momx51994

We have had to tighten our belts a little bit, and my husbands work has slowed down a bit. But since we live frugally anyway, it hasn't hurt us to badly. Christmas will be a bit slimmer though! How has it affected you?

The current economic slow down has just started to hit us now, both on a business and personal level. At the moment our small business has no new contracts in the pipeline, and our living costs have increased dramatically. It's a rather worrying situation.

It's pushing me to innovate.  And I'm trying harder to diversify my income.  I'm not complaining about the $2.00/gallon gas though ;-) 

For sure!

Gas has gone down almost $2 per gallon for me.

I plan on going to Europe this summer, and the Euro also fell from $1.67 to $1.25 (the dollar is relatively stronger now than it was 4 months ago), which is closer to what it was maybe 6 years ago.

I work as a manager for a grocery store and I haven't seen any downward trends, though my friends who are real estate agents have been hit pretty hard by all of this.

The high cost of living seems to be affecting just about everyone I know including me. In my case it is doing me some good in so much as I am finding extra streams of income which needed to be done a long time ago, some of them are interesting. 

The current economy has definitely affect us all.

Whether you know it or not, specially for those

who are in real sector business, they are surely

been effected badly.

Believe it or not, maybe this is also the main reason

why people like me and you always looking for

something that can add to our income for our

daily needs.

The truth is that there are still many opportunity

out there for us to get, we just have to look for it.

Is it suitable business for us or not; like online

business for example, there are plenty opportunity

we can look in the terms online business.

We can try Ebay to auction our old stuff,

we can try to write if we love to write,

we can try an affiliate business which can bring us

ongoing profit each and every month.

The key to this opportunity is Will, hard work and

persistence.

Will to learn and try, Hard work to make those

willingness off the ground and persistence

to make those things run steady.

This is just my 2 cents ...  ;)

The high cost for living has made me relocate back to my parents house, as it is way to hard for me to try to make money without money. This is one reason why I am here typing right now.

But like everyone else, I really cant complain about gas prices, as they are at 1.69 a gallon right now where I live.

Yes ofcourse its affecting me and its affecting pretty badly. But I am not complaining as its not just me, everyone around me is badly suffering.

I have cut down me expenses unlike anything in history. I am now using electricity & fuel only when I need them badly. I am using public transport instead of my car. I have reduced eating out in restaurant. I have stopped going to theater to watch movies and have done many other smaller changes in my life to save some money for even worse time that may come in future.

On the whole the current economy is not effecting me at all. I am only 18 so I do not have to worry much about loans or banking for the most part. I am effected my some consumer prices but I do not do a whole lot of the shopping.

We have had to tighten our belts a little bit, and my husbands work has slowed down a bit. But since we live frugally anyway, it hasn't hurt us to badly. Christmas will be a bit slimmer though! How has it affected you?

We are in a similar position. We have never really lived a grand possession filled lifestyle, but we are definitely feeling the need to let go of things that are not necessities. We have started clipping coupons and taking advantage of deals and store specials a lot more then we use to. As for Christmas it will definitely be nothing close to those of previous years. This year we will be working with a very tight budget but after all these months I think we'll find a way to make it work.

Besides our 401K chart looking like a roller coaster? Yep, it has affected us day to day. I try to only go to the grocery store when I truly need to. Whereas before I would go out just to get out of the house for a while. Now I just don't go.. period. If I'm not in the stores I cannot spend money.

I really hope the economy turns soon. There are too many people out there that are hurting a lot worse than we are.

Is the current economy affecting you?

Well...

I would have to say yes, emphatically yes I might add.  I was laid off yesterday, I saw it coming as lay offs where taking place all over our company.  Nothing I could really do, so I continued to work and waited for my walking papers.

Now, that's not to say I'm upset or wasn't expecting the situation to present itself.  I knew, I simply could not believe the timing of the lay off.  Right before Christmas, not to mention absolutely nothing in the shape of a severance package.

I was simply told that I was a quality worker, but my position was more of a want than a need.  The really rough part was being told "Hopefully, you can get some type of unemployment."  I have to be honest, I cried when I got home.  Simply because, I knew that my children wouldn't have the Christmas I wanted them to have.

The really eye opening point dawned on me a few minutes afterward.  Suddenly I realized that there where others out there worse off than I was.  That kind of put things back into perspective for me, and got me out of the selfish slump I had allowed myself to fall into.

Regardless whether I know you or not, I can only hope that everyone makes it through these tough times safe and sound.