For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Ready for Fall

LA

I don't know about you guys, but I am so ready for Fall and cooler temperatures. I am in Georgia and it is just unbearably hot and humid. We have been fortunate to have a lot more rain than in summers past, but that doesn't help with the heat or humidity.  :P

Well, I'm used to hot and humid because I live in Florida.  I think the summer has actually been easier than usual this year, but that's probably because we had a nice break when Debby came through and dropped the temperatures into the upper 70s.

We have been having some nice breaks in the heat here, as well, in between our 100-degree days this summer. A couple days ago, it only got in the 80s.

It's been really hot this summer for us too but I can wait for winter. I'm always afraid that a really bad summer will be followed by a really bad winter.

Well, I'm used to hot and humid because I live in Florida.

I live in Georgia, like LA, and I wish I could get used to this heat and humidity! You wouldn't know it from the way I complain about our weather, but I was actually born and raised here. Sometimes I think I should have been born in Alaska instead, ha ha!

This may sound crazy, but you have no idea how much I miss Georgia's weather! I know it's hot, but I never complained about it. I had moved to the south because I hated the cold weather of Chicago. (I love, love, love Chicago, but hated the cold weather!) Now I live in Germany, and believe it or not, our summer has been very cold! I have to wear a sweater every day. We went camping over the weekend and it was practically freezing. The other day, my husband was wearing shorts when we went to visit a friend. The friend looked at him in amazement and asked him why he was wearing shorts in the middle of winter! We reminded him that it was not winter, and that it was summer. He then asked us if we had taken a look outside lately, and we reminded him that we just came from there!

Germany doesn't usually see very hot temperatures, but this is quite unusual, considering that in many other places in Europe, they are seeing a heat wave.

Our heat wave in England started yesterday and today is a sweltering (for us) 30 degrees C. After a really wet and cool few months it's nice to see some sun but I bet it doesn't last! We're off on holiday to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks so I hope it lasts until then at least, as Holland's weather is usually similar to ours.

It has been really hot here in Kentucky as well. We have had a couple of episodes of temperatures over 100 degrees. One episode lasted over a week and one lasted just a few days. You really find out what your air conditioner's tolerances are when the temperature is that high. Our refrigerator and the wiring to our air conditioner both broke. The refrigerator was down for over a week and the wiring to our air conditioner had to be replaced. Thank goodness we had a couple of window units we could use in the meantime.

Oh, I am so glad our air conditioning hasn't malfunctioned! I would have to spend my time outside in the kiddie pool if it did; I cannot handle the heat otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been in Florida since 1973. I grew up in upstate New York. I hate the heat down here and always have. I love the fall and winter months here. I like to wear my sweats and jackets. You can have the heat lol. I went to New York in January 2007. I made a snow man and a snow angel in the snow for the first time since 1973. I loved it and had so much fun playing in the snow. Although I have never driven in it, it sounds scary.