For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Patience

ropinmama

I never new how impatient people could be, or even how impatient I was until I started working in our local Bakery.  I have small kids and that, takes lots of  patience, but to stand and wait for another natural event, that you have no control over, to rise and do its own thing, become what it is suppose to be, is another thing altogether. Maybe, patience is not the right word, but to slow down and do things the right way or allow things to materialize in their own time frame. 

It was just a thought to remind everyone to slow down, let the world work how it is suppose to.  We, as humans don't always have to rush in and "save the day". Sometimes, we can ruin what was already on the "rise".  Like, when you take a cake out before the center is done or, taking bread out of the proofer before it is done rising.  If you just waited for it to finish on its own, and checked to see if it was done you would have been better off waiting. So, now you have a soggy, sunken blob on your plate that you spent hours preparing only to get in a hurry and ruin the whole thing.

Sometimes, taking time to watch the flowers grow before you rush into to smell them is best, let them bloom and mature.  Enjoy the entire event not just the small finale.

Thats it for my soap box for the day.  :D

• 1 month later...

I got my patience tested today when I went to get my sons prescription filled at Walgreens. I picked him up from school and headed to my usual Walgreens, well because the dosage for his medication had changed they didn't have it at their store so they called another Walgreens for me. The lady gave me directions to the other store and had told that store that I was coming. We drove over there and gave them our prescription and the girl asked me if I wanted to wait for it. I asked her how long the wait was and she told me 20 minutes. So, I told her I would wait for it. My son and I were walking around looking at all the stuff and I realized after awhile that they hadn't called our name yet. We headed over to the pharmacy and there was about 4 people standing in front of the counter. There were 5 people working in the pharmacy area at the time during all of this. After waiting for over an HOUR for our prescription the lady asked me what our last name was and she preceded to bend down and grab our prescription out of the BIN! Our prescription had been ready but they hadn't called our name to let us know that. I paid for my prescription, grabbed the bag out of her hand and told her I would NEVER be coming back to that store again and that if they needed help filling all of the prescriptions they should have called people in to help them. I was so mad after I left.