For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

My dislikes!

littlemull

I recently signed up to a forum to have a look at what people are saying and discovered that some of the users had raised some issues about a certain artist in the music charts at the moment. The issue in question was homosexuality. To my horror I realised that there was a certain element of homophobia amongst some of the participants and this immediately made me realise that I did not want to be there. People should have respect for individuals and there preferences whatever they may be and I can understand if some people have a lack of understanding, but being disrespectful to others is something I find extremely hard to listen to. I'm sure there are no posts of this kind here but I wanted to find out what peoples views on this issue are if that is okay. 

I have never found any signs of homophobia or any other bigotry here but then again, I don't believe that I have seen the subject raised on the boards.  I, too, abhor any type of bigotry or racism and would not want to be on that forum any more than you did.

I think that in this day and age it is sad to hear such things. But unfortunately this is not all that common. There are many people who just refuse to accept anything and anyone who is not like them or what they believe to be right. Racism and phobias against homosexuals,transsexuals,and transgender people is still very alive today. I just seen on the local news last night how a man went to get a cake for his son,the bakery denied him because he wanted his sons name on the cake. This might sound outrageous but his son's name is Adolf Hitler. And he named his daughter Arin Nation! It blows my mind that in 2008 so many people are not accepting of others.

I didn't blame the store in that case, though.  If the man didn't want any issues then he should have had more sense than to name his child after one of the worst monsters of this century!  Then they named the little girl Aryan Nation yet claim they are not affiliated with any white supremacy groups?  The mother had the nerve to say how hurtful people's comments can be but who's fault is that really?  What a rotten thing to do to your children.

• 1 month later...

If I have phobia against others' preferences, instead of accusing them of their improper behaviors publicly, I would choose not to attend events where there is a possibility they will show up.

We should have an open mind and respect others. I know there are some things or persons whom we disgust in a general sense, but we should react in a civilized way. If we spoil and devastate everything we don't like, we would act like a terrorist, in a broader scale.

I have to say, I can never understand homophobia.  What is wrong with two men or two women feeling a certain way towards one another?  I feel that people are people and it doesn't really matter what gender they are.  The age of believing that men are smarter than women and that men should go out and work while women should stay at home has passed, so if men and women are equal then it doesn't matter what gender a person's significant other is.

At least, that's how I feel.  I try to abstain from any kind of discrimination based on appearances or preferences because I believe that what really matters is someone's personality.  If someone is a mean person, then maybe he/she doesn't deserve as much respect as a nicer person.  But that's not based on his/her skin color, religion, gender, or preferences in a significant other.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you all, intolerance in any form is just ridiculous. It really amazes me that people can be so ignorant. I mean seriously this is the 21st century, it is time to stop hating people for their differences.