For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How many people are happy in their job?

littlemull

I often find myself thinking, how many people are actually really happy with what they are doing for work? I get the feeling that the answer is not many. I should imagine that it must be pretty rare to find something you enjoy and get paid for it. I have only just found something myself that makes me feel very good, and to tell the truth, it is not about the money. I do music workshops with children and teenagers and it is so emotionally rewarding that apart from having to earn to pay the bills, I would do this even if I didn't get paid. So I guess that means I'm quite lucky. I just wanted to know how many people feel the same I guess.

I absolutely adore my job and couldn't dream of doing anything else. I spent years in an unhappy, stressful day job so I built my own business around all the things I love doing. Now I'm happy and stress-free every day  :)

I love what I do for a living, but my problem is that lately there isn't as much work available as I'd like.

I work on film sets, but we're in the slow season at the moment plus we're waiting on the results of SAG negotiations, which affects the business here in Toronto, as well as in the US.

Otherwise I do some freelance writing and produce production music that's licensed for downloads online.

I'm trying to diversify more and be less reliant on the film work.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy my job and the people with whom I work. However, I get this feeling like life is passing me by sometimes. I think this is why I am trying my hand at writing and forum posting. I have a Masters Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelors in Social Science so I have a wide range of topics I can discuss and write about. That is the main reason why I am here.

Now this is interesting. There have been studies in this area for a long time. And its always ongoing, and current. Corporations need feedback so that they can address situations as to how get higher output from the employees. So far from data I read there are quite a number that are not that happy. Except those in the higher echelon of the corporate ladder. Well, for obvious reasons they get all the perks.

Honestly I am very happy with what i do. I am working online for the past two years and I am pretty much satisfied.I know it is really a very unconventional kind of work but this is what gets my adrenaline flowing. I tried doing the normal jobs but lost interest soon enough ,so Finally decided to do what I enjoy the most.

I really love my work and thank the person who introduced me to some great sites from were i launched my online career.

I have had very little experience in having a "regular" job. Both times I tried it I didn't do so well. The first time I got a job in a toy and hobby store and lasted three weeks. I got "let go". The owner told me it was because she felt my heart wasn't in it. I think the real reason was because her husband liked to bully all the women who worked for him, and I basically told him to back off. I was frustrated, but not completely unhappy or suprised that I had lost my job.

The second attempt was at a home-improvement store. I lasted three months that time, and finally quit. The customers I had to deal with some days were just too much. Then I discovered that one of my co-workers was making big mistakes, and then putting my name on them. That was the last straw.

So now I'm staying home, being a homemaker and writer. I have two people to thank. One is my husband, who is not happy at his current job. But he slogs through cow poo every day to pay the bills so I can pursue my dreams. I also want to thank Scruffy, who has been more helpful in these pursuts than anyone else.

Overall, I actually think most people are content, if not truly happy in their jobs. I was actually shocked at how many of my co-workers told me they really enjoyed their jobs. I told them they were stronger souls than me.  :)

So now I'm staying home, being a homemaker and writer. I have two people to thank. One is my husband, who is not happy at his current job. But he slogs through cow poo every day to pay the bills so I can pursue my dreams. I also want to thank Scruffy, who has been more helpful in these pursuts than anyone else.

Why thanks Rainwater!  :) It's always my pleasure and I'm pleased to hear things are working out for you.

I am still young and in college. I work, but I definitely do not have a career yet.

I work at a restaurant serving tables and.. i hate my job!!

It is decent money, and it is not always so bad. But all in all, I hate being a waitress.

Other than that, I do some tutoring, which I like, and some online writing, which is okay. I am looking forward to the day when I have my degree and can find a real job (teaching hopefully!)

I too use to work the whole 9-5 job and hated every second of it. When I got pregnant with my second child in 2005, I got the blessing of a life time. My job was eliminated and that was my excuse to become a stay-at-home mom. After I had my baby I just decided from there that I was going to find something that I enjoyed doing and something I could do from my home. I had a sewing machine but never used it so I taught myself how to use it and now I make tote bags, diaper bags, tag blankets for kids and crayon carriers for kids. I also found a great place to write articles and have been doing that for the past 6 months. I know I don't make as much as I use to but at least I am happy and I am hopeful that my profits will continue to rise.