For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Favorite Music?

Burton

I grew up listening to classic rock. I then became interested in movie soundtracks, which led to other kinds of music like big band and classical sounds.

I started listening to jazz as a teenager, and found I prefer traditional jazz to the more modern varieties.

Now I also listen to classical music regularly, and find that I prefer baroque and chamber music to the other kinds.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of music other posters here like.

Well, I basically listen to anything that is music to the ears. ;)

I listen to Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and English songs. And when it comes to English, my favorite genres are hip-hop and pop. Rock makes be wanna throw rocks at the singers so, yea that pretty much sums it all up.

I was raised on Big Band music; the singers and standards from the 30's, 40's, and 50's. My parents were older than those of most of my peers, and we had one radio in the house, in the kitchen and heaven help anyone who dared change that radio station from 950 WPEN! As a teen I hated it. I wanted to listen to the Rolling Stones, Zeplin, and Pink Floyd not Frank Sinatra or Guy Lombardo!

Now, however, I find myself loving the music I was raised with. That is the music I listen to when I want to relax, when I'm in the car or when I'm working; it has become a part of who I am.

Don't get me wrong, I love "Classic Rock" (you know you have reached that "certain age" when the music that was new when you were a teen is now on the "oldies" radio station), Jazz, Blues, Classical..really anything but Rap and most Hip Hop/Pop, but for my money nothing beats Big Band music!

This is such a tough question. For me, I listen to rap music in the car, but as far as my music collection goes, it's as eclectic as it gets. My favorite album of all time is Frank Sinatra's "Reprise". This album has a lot of his great hits and can be played straight through in my opinion. Another favorite album of mine would be Vince Guaraldi's "Peanut's Christmas Album". This just reminds me of when I was younger and my Aunt would play it every Christmas (which she still does to this day).

For everyday listening I have to stick with rap and top 40 music, but for those certain moods, nothing beats some Sinatra for me.

My all time favorite music is Country.  I love it.  I've been to a few hundred concerts; most of them country artists.  I do listen to all kinds of music though.  I have a very eclectic CD collection.  Showtunes, Country, Rock, Pop, 60s, 70s, 80s and everything in between.  My music choices depend on what I'm doing at the time.  I think having a well rounded taste in music makes you a more interesting person!

Music is a huge part of my life.  I have always enjoyed listening to top 40 music, classic rock, and holiday music, which is a must for me at this time of year.  There is really only one type of music that I cannot listen to, that is country.  I don't know why, it makes me cringe when I hear it.

I am also a classical pianist and a singer.  For that, I love to play classical music as well as sing and play show tunes.  I don't know why I didn't ever pursue a career in music, it has always been a passion of mine!

I used to listen to a lot of music when I was younger but now I only listen to Sports Talk Radio. When I did listen to music, I loved the simple music from the 50's and 60's. Life seemed so much simpler then than it does now. My favorite bands from those eras are the Beach Boys, the Beatles, the Mamas and the Papas, and just about any of the feel good music from that bygone era.

I used to be a "closet country music lover" but since I learned recently that listening to country music was good for the heart (it opens up your arteries), I've been listening to it more and more.  However, I love any kind of "new age" music, some classical, jazz, and, unfortunately, a lot of those cheesy hair bands and 80's pop music, god help me!

:)

Peace

I had never heard that country music was good for the heart but it's an interesting idea.  I mainly listen to country, when I bother to listen to music at all, so maybe it will end up being good for me.

As with the rest of you in this forum I consider my taste in music to be rather broad. Being a musician myself I tend to appreciate any song or style for the simple fact that it portrays someones feelings or thoughts.  Not everyone thinks like me so why should all of the music I listen to sound like mine?

I am game for any good music. The situation decides what kind of music I listen to and I usually prefer melodious and romantic numbers. These are my real stress-busters and help me lot to deal with work related problems.

I'm fond of both classic and modern rock. As for rap and hip-hop, I like some of it not all. Techno and trance is also pretty good, especially when it's played during racing games as the rhythm flows well.

Music is a huge part of my life.  I have always enjoyed listening to top 40 music, classic rock, and holiday music, which is a must for me at this time of year.  There is really only one type of music that I cannot listen to, that is country.  I don't know why, it makes me cringe when I hear it.

I am also a classical pianist and a singer.  For that, I love to play classical music as well as sing and play show tunes.  I don't know why I didn't ever pursue a career in music, it has always been a passion of mine!

Nice!  I wish I could play an instrument!  I like just about any kind of music - including alternative, country, R&B - not too fond of rap, though.  I really enjoy holiday music as well.

Music is a big part of my life too. I play the violin, the piano and I sing as well, so it's really important to me.

I listen to pop music, like what's on radio mostly, but I also love listening to musical theatre.

Oh I love any kind of music that has a beat to it.  I love to jig and jirate.  Music is good for the soul and will calm you.  Old school music is coming back though.  All this new school is just not um quite hitting on nothing.  You have your good music and then you have your bad music.  Right now I have Jamie Foxx's new cd in my truck.  I love his music.

That's great to be grown up in music. That certainly has some positive impacts on you.

I like classical music too. I remember people said listening to music can cure people's emotional problems in some way and, thus, good to one's health. I went to musicals of "The Sound of Music", "Madama Butterfly" and "The Phantom of the Opera" and was obsessed with them tremendously.

I do want to learn violin someday when I can devote more time to learning an instrument. But at the moment, I can't afford it.

Music,well according to me there is no such thing as favourite music. I have always loved music and grown up listening to different sorts of music. But when it comes to one question- which is my favourite music, there is no answer. Why? Because it solely depends on my mood which I am in. In general, I prefer soft music preferably soft rock over the others, but at times, I love to hear music of Linkin Park too!For me, music is which suits me perfectly.

By the way, at this point of time, I am listening to I walk alone from Greenday! Perhaps because I am a newbie here !  ::)

But when it comes to one question- which is my favourite music, there is no answer. Why? Because it solely depends on my mood which I am in.

I completely agree.  It's hard to really pin down a favorite type of music, because for me it also depends on my mood.  There are times when I'm in the mood to listen to 80s rock or pop, and other times when you'll find me listening to death metal or Marilyn Manson.  My iTunes library is pretty diverse, though I'd say it's mostly comprised of rock, especially alternative and pop punk. I'm always in search of new bands or artists!

But of course, there's always classical music, which is on a level of its own.  I've never loved classical music (it seems to be somewhat of an acquired taste that I've only somewhat acquired), but I can't deny that those who could compose the works were geniuses.  Most of the classical music I listen to is music that I will be playing or have played on the string bass or piano.

Oh, and of course there are also musicals!  They're always fun to see, and the music is usually good. It's a nice way to tell a story with music, and the music makes the play itself more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

I was brought up on the 50s and 60s. My dad loved anything  and everything motown. He was born and raised in Detroit so you can see where this is going. As I got older and started listening more to what was popular at the time, I realized that the music of older generation was so much better. Now I have my own favorites including Boston, ELO, and Journey, to name a few. And not only do I make my kids listen to the music of my generation, but they listen to that of my father's as well.

I grew up on oldies but goodies, because this is what my mom and dad would listen to all of the time. Oldies but goodies is one of my favorites and now my daughter listens to oldies. I also like classical rock,tejano,country,r&b, but my most favorite is oldies but goodies. :)

Connie51

I love dance music, as it is up beat and you can shake your booty to it. Having a couple of beers on a saturday night and then going to a night club, is the highlight of my week. I also like classical, soft rock, indie, it all depends on the mood.