For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

The Ocean is Loud

spacelover8126

Hurricane Sandy is causing some wind and rain here on the beach and my goodness, has the ocean been loud the past few days!  Today will be the worst of the weather for us and so far it doesn't seem too bad, just a bit gloomy.  A postal employee was standing under one of my trees during a rain band and I invited her to come in until it passed, but she said she was ok.

I do worry for the folks a little further north though.  Will you be affected?

• Like 1

That's the rumor. Forecasts are suggesting that, not only will there be bad weather, it will last for several days. I am not looking forward to possibly losing power. That gets old quickly!

We are thinking about heading out of state to stay with family if the power goes out. Then again, that might mean driving through scary weather.

Perhaps you should evacuate in advance.  Then you can get to your family's place before the weather turns up there.  I don’t know how realistic that idea is, though.

I'm inland so I don't expect a lot of bad weather, but I'm sure we will probably get some rain from it. I miss hearing the beach. I've only been to a beach on the Atlantic coast a couple of times, but it left a lasting impression. Good luck to the two of you and everyone else who is in the path of the Hurricane.

I hope everyone in the path of Sandy stays safe. We have cold and snow in England, and this morning has been very dark with heavy hail here in the East. The heating is up high and Winter has arrived!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the ocean much quieter when there is no storm? It seems like there would be some noise regardless, but I haven't spent a lot of time at the ocean, personally.

The ocean is a busy road and a house lot away, so the road noise and ambient house noises generally cover the sound of it up.  I usually only barely hear the ocean at night when I'm in bed, or if I'm outside.  When Sandy was nearby the wind was stronger and the surf was up, so it was much louder than usual.  I didn't mind!