For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Favorite holiday traditions

citizen

What are your favorite traditions for Christmas or the holidays in general? We need to make some new traditions, and I would love to hear what others do to celebrate the season. My kids are getting too old for some of the things we've done in the past, like Elf on the Shelf.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We tried to always help or be in the Christmas play at church. We haven't done it this year though. We will go to the play to see it though. It's a tradition that always completes our Christmas.

We do the plays at church and have always been in them. Our immediate family has three sets of children and three churches. We have always taken on a less fortunate family for Christmas and make sure the kids have a Christmas, the parents have a few small gifts and we provide groceries. It's been expensive over the years, but our kids have learned to appreciate what they have. Plus, it's built into our annual budget now, so it's not as difficult as it could be. I think this is our favorite Christmas tradition now. The children in our family run from 10 to 21.

We always have Christmas Eve at my in-laws' house, with all kinds of snack foods, and we open presents there. Other than that, we really haven't any real traditions.

• 11 months later...

My mother's family has always gotten together for Christmas.  We went from 15 family members to 52, so we now rent a hall and gather there.  Each family brings a Christmas dinner dish, with the host family cooking the turkey.  Every year we rotate who will host the party.  We have presents delivered by Santa and games for the younger children.  It's a wonderful time of year because I get to see extended family members that I wouldn't normally see during the year.