For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Strange weather

Val-the-nomad

Today in South Korea we had a surprise snow shower, quickly followed by about six inches worth. Then it started thundering at the same time. Is it just me who thinks that is really weird?

• Like 2

Yes it is. We have had very strange winter weather patterns for the last two years. It's been so warm the bugs haven't been killed, which makes it terribly hard on gardens during the summer. The trend seems to be following so far this winter. I'm just hoping we get a hard freeze to kill off the fleas. It's been a horrible year for fleas on the pets.

I can't say I've heard thunder with snow, offhand. I live in the southern U.S., though, so the lack of weather cold enough to kill bugs is common here, unfortunately.

Today in South Korea we had a surprise snow shower, quickly followed by about six inches worth. Then it started thundering at the same time. Is it just me who thinks that is really weird?

No, it's not just you. That would definitely weird me out as well. Where I am in the western U.S. we have all 4 seasons and, while they're all relatively mild, I can honestly say I've never heard the thunder when the snow is coming down.

All in all all it's been pretty normal over here for the past few years.

Snow and thunder together does sound strange, but we had really strange weather a couple of months ago when we had a heavy shower of hail on a really warm, sunny day!

I have spent the last few days pretty much snowed in. It's been a good opportunity to watch TV, via YouTube, I don't own a real one! There are some fascinating documentaries about freaky weather through the centuries, so this isn't something really unusual overall.

I forgot to mention that about a month ago it went from heavy rain, to sun, to sleet and snow and back to sun again all within thirty minutes!

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot to mention that about a month ago it went from heavy rain, to sun, to sleet and snow and back to sun again all within thirty minutes!

Now that is weird.

I work here in Thailand and we only got 2 days of cold weather last month. I was expecting the whole month of December through early February to be cold but we got warm weather.

Last Saturday I got to stand in four inches of a supposedly "1/2 inch" snow. We even got stuck at one point and had to call the tow truck for help. It was an experience I don't want to repeat.

• 2 weeks later...

Thunder snow is fairly uncommon, but it does happen on occasion. Believe it or not, some meteorologists are calling for that with the snowstorm that is supposed to start tonight in my area. I will just be satisfied with a real snow storm. I am stocking up on hot cocoa mix!

We have around 6 inches and the temperature is going to drop further tonight. The whole of Britain is expecting snow and blizzards tomorrow. My daughter is bringing the grandchildren up from Dorset late tomorrow afternoon, a 3-5 hour trip dependant on traffic, so I'm hoping that she has a safe journey.