For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: How many people are happy in their job?

schulzemor

I often find myself thinking, how many people are actually really happy with what they are doing for work? I get the feeling that the answer is not many. I should imagine that it must be pretty rare to find something you enjoy and get paid for it. I have only just found something myself that makes me feel very good, and to tell the truth, it is not about the money. I do music workshops with children and teenagers and it is so emotionally rewarding that apart from having to earn to pay the bills, I would do this even if I didn't get paid. So I guess that means I'm quite lucky. I just wanted to know how many people feel the same I guess.

I´m sure that you are absolutely right that a lot of people are not so happy with their jobs. But I think that everything depends on the attitude to the job. If you work only for the money and you have no any other interests in the job then you can have many chances to create the stressful situation for yourself.

I´m the student now but I shall try not to have the job that I shall dislike. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Yes. Attitude can sometimes explain why one has higher job satisfaction than another. However, when it comes to choosing a job, it is always not within our power to make the decision. That's why many people are made unhappy by their jobs.

• 1 month later...

I was very happy in my job as a nursing assistant. I loved helping people and this job was very rewarding. I was a nursing assistant for 15 years. I was also a manager, cashier and housekeeper. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmm. Tough question. I am ok in my job. I say that because I don't get all upbeat and excited to go to work, but on the flip side I don't hate it. I work as a lifeguard so what I do in itself is quite rewarding. I think as the economy evolves so does the passion for certain careers. More opportunities are out there now and it is much easier to fulfill ones career dreams. I see more and more older adults going back to school to reach a goal they may have set and passed by earlier in life.

I can say that I am happy with my job though there are times that I want to quit but then again I still find a dozen reasons to stay. I guess if you were really ment to be in that job you would learn to love it no matter how tough the job is.

• 3 weeks later...

When a job just pays the bills I don't think you're as likely to be as happy there.  You need a reason to get up in the morning than just "I have to go to work."  A job that you value as more than just a paycheck gives you a better reason to roll out of bed.

I liked working as a nursing assistant.  Now I'm a home schooling Mom with multiple projects and "hats" to wear.  I may be tired, but I love waking up and facing another day.

When I was working (I'm retired now), I hated my job.  I hated what I had to do to make a living and that's just what I did, made a living.  The sheer effort to go everyday set my teeth on edge and I wound up retiring early because of medical problems.  I think my retiring early was due to stress that manifested as physical problems.  Now though, I love what I do for a living.  Posting for a living is one of the most exciting things I've ever done.  Even when it's a quick job, I love it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://paidforumposting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2389.0.html

When I was working (I'm retired now), I hated my job.  I hated what I had to do to make a living and that's just what I did, made a living.  The sheer effort to go everyday set my teeth on edge and I wound up retiring early because of medical problems.  I think my retiring early was due to stress that manifested as physical problems.  Now though, I love what I do for a living.  Posting for a living is one of the most exciting things I've ever done.  Even when it's a quick job, I love it.

You make a living doing this?

I have removed the post from j, no offence but the Samples area is where clients go when they are checking us out. We do not need to get into too many specifics about who makes what when seeing as that would just be a little too much information to share in a publicly seen forum area (anyone not logged in can read the samples area). I do not mind if you chat it up in the chatterbox for other writers to chime in, or just talk via PM, but do not post such private things on a public part of the board. :) Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Well, I have had many jobs in my life. Some I really liked and had fun at it. Then there were those I didn`t like. I think most people will have the same experience with different jobs they have done. My favorite job was delivering flowers. It always made people happy. I even delivered balloons too. I also liked delivering auto parts. That was fun because I got to meet a lot of men lol. My second husband was a mechanic that I delivered parts too years ago. He is now the father of my two boys. We are divorced though. We remained friends all these years too.

• 3 months later...

For me, as long as I was in a good work environment with a supportive boss, I could deal with whatever unhappiness or difficulty came along.  I found it intolerable after my boss stopped supporting me and abdicated his authority to lackeys who were my colleagues.  My job became a very unprofessional, unhealthy place for me to be. That was what made my decision-- how unhealthy it was for me.