For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: Who loves New York City?

cyberdevil

I've never been to New York, but it's a city I would very much like to visit some day. It has lots of symbolic landmarks and apparently great restaurants too. Only negative thing I've heard about it would be the expensive pricing, but when I'm rich and famous I suppose I can handle that. :)

I've been thinking about taking a short trip to the U.S. with a buddy of mine once I gather together a specified sum on money.

I cant say I have actually been to NYC.  I have been thru the Bronx and seen the skyline.  I am from a small town and just seeing the skyline was very awesome to me.  But I think I would feel very lost in that great big place

• 3 months later...

I've never been to NYC although it's on my list of places I want to visit.  I've visited the States maybe half a dozen times because my daughter lives in Arizona and boy do we get to travel around when we visit.  I loved LA and Las Vegas and also the quiet places like Scottsdale and Sedona.  I've also visited Chicago and found that to be a lovely city.

I live in a small, rural area in Scotland so it's always a culture shock for me when I visit such lively and entertaining places in the States.  I love it!  :)

The only time I was in NYC was driving through it.  :)  We drove through Michigan into Canada for a wedding.  Then on the way home, we drove through New York.  I hardly even remember much of NYC because I was partially asleep and we had no time to stop and visit.  I do remember seeing the Niagra Falls, though.  I realize that the falls are not in NYC, but they're really the only thing I saw in the whole state of New York while I was wide awake. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I did not have two big dogs, NYC would be at the top of my list for places I want to live.  Well, at least before I got old.  I used to go to the city all the time.  There is great night life and everything you need is in walking distance or a short cab or subway trip away.  Then you have the Yankees, the Mets, the Jets, the Knicks, and the Rangers. 

Whats not to love?

I have never been to NYC, but I would like to go for two reasons. Being a Southerner, it would be fun to hear that famous New York accent!  :)  Also, I'd like to find out if the people living there are actually nice; not the way they are commonly portrayed. My father-in-law lived in New York a long time ago, and served in the Army with some New Yorkers, and he said they were the kindest people he'd ever met.

• 1 month later...

My brother has just got back from New york. He plans on moving there when he sells his car. The picture he has of the place is amazing. I would love to wake up in the morning and take a jog through central park. That would be the life. unfortunately I have yet to be there myself. :-\

I have never been to New York, city or state. I prefer more natural setting such as the countryside where I live in North Carolina. There are plenty of trees and wild life and the air is clean and fresh.

Guest shanmuffingirl

I have visited New York City once, and I loved it. There are so many little boutiques that sell reasonably priced clothes. The cultural experience is amazing. There are so many different things you can do, and never get bored. For anyone wanting to visit I highly recommend doing one of the cruises around the harbor at night. Take your significant other and it will be very romantic!

• 5 months later...

New York is a wonderful and unique city, but it can be very expensive and very dangerous. There are, of course, the tourist sites but if you really want to get to know the city you have to go off the beaten path.

If you are planning a trip to Manhatten (which is the borough most are referring to when they say "NYC") take the time to speak to some native New Yorkers before going. There are websites, blogs and forums for people from NYC and that is where you will find the best information in regard to what do do and see in the city.

I love New York City, sort of. Keep in mind that I say that as a person who has never lived in a city with the public transportation system of New York City nor the "neighborhood" layout of it either.

Perhaps the reason why I love New York City can be best described through a memory I have. A year after I graduated from college, a buddy of mine who lived in New York, called me to come stay with him for a Christmas party some of our friends were having at a bar nearby. I accepted and drove up to see him. Once I parked my car, I did not see it for 3 days. We never needed the car at all. It was fantastic to have everything we needed within 3 blocks of where he lived or within a short cab ride. It was just a different way of living life.

From where I lived, if you needed or wanted anything, you had to jump in the car and drive a few miles to get to the store. Being able to walk around New York at night to head to a gathering or to grab a bite to eat was great. Everything was just so convenient.

Keep in mind though, after three days, I was ready to go. For me, it was just too many people with everyone moving at a blur of a pace, but for a few days visit, it was something fantastic to experience.

I love NYC.  I've been there 3 different times and I've always enjoyed myself.  I'm lucky because one of my best friends lives there.  Whenever I visit I can sit back and relax.  He leads me around to wherever I want to go.  I don't have to worry about getting lost or wasting time on trying to figure out how to get from A to B.  I'm a sucker for every tourist trap there is.  I admit it.  He has no problem taking me to these places and he also shows me the "real" NYC.  I plan to go back again in a couple months!