For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Moving

buddys

We are in the middle of moving and I'm reminded every minute of every hour how very much I hate it. We have gone through a lot of possessions and tossed, thrown or sold so many of them. It's nice to be able to declutter and the new place is super, but it's so hard to get everything from one place to another. Does anyone really enjoy moving? :)

• Like 1

Moving is a bit of a pain, but at the same time, I've always liked how it's a fresh start. It's nice to have everything completely, deeply clean and fresh and new!

I hate packing and cleaning, but I love getting rid of stuff, unpacking and the excitement.  When we moved a few months ago, the day itself was really easy because I watched the kids while my husband and friends moved everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the move is over as of last Monday and we are now trying to find everything! We got rid of 9 large cardboard boxes of books and are still finding books that need to be reviewed to see if we can get rid of more. We have found things we thought were long lost too! It's nice to be able to go through everything we have and get rid of the detritus of daily life.

It's not always easy to find everything!  My husband misplaced his work boots and didn't find them until after we replaced them, several weeks later.  I hope you don't lose anything important.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind moving too much. Maybe it's that gypsy blood in me but I never seem too comfortable being in the same location for too long. I like to try and keep things simple so I don't really have a lot in the way of personal possessions. My daughter is what's keeping me where I am right now. 

Glad your move went well Buddys. I will admit that moving was a kind of addiction for me - I have probably done it about fifteen times since I moved overseas. I always enjoyed the process, but enough is enough. I have promised myself that the next move will be my exit from Asia!

Thank you, Val! I have finally gotten through all of my books and now have gotten rid of over 20 boxes of them. Of course they are a combination of mine, Marsha's and some we have been given over the years. There have been cookbooks, novels, true crime, how to and so on, both paperback and hardback. We have made a nice bit of change at a time when it was most welcome. Moving is both tiring and expensive.  :)

Buddys I am beyond happy that you did something productive with the books. I still feel sad when I think of the women here who threw lots away.

I'm glad you have come out the other end with your sanity still intact Jim. We almost moved several years ago, and I decluttered then so much that when the move fell through I had empty cupboards! They're not empty now though.  :D

Val, I still have plenty of books left. It was a compilation of Marsha's and my life long book addiction. I would never throw away a book. You can always sell it online even if you don't have an outlet in the real world near you.

Silva, I have tons of "things" left although I am currently going through a box at a time and getting rid of some things. We have too much to be able to clean effectively so some of it has to go.  :)  It doesn't take long for it to come "crawling" back.

Buddys, it sounds like your move went pretty smoothly. The worst is over!

I just found out tonight that I am going to be moving later in the year. Like Perfect7 said, it is exciting to have a fresh start. But I dread the moving process. We've moved quite a bit. This will be our fifth move in 6 years! I am trying to look past the packing and moving and unpacking part and focus on the part where we will be in a fun, new place. Maybe I'll be able to have a garden at the next place!