For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How to stop your dog from pulling you while taken it for a walk

MCB

You know how your dog pulls you while you are walking him/her. Well here is how you can stop that. Once he/she starts pulling you pull on the leash and has you are pulling the dog back by your side you say stop pulling me and stay beside me, keep doing this over and over again it works. Dont let the dog get away with pulling you while you are working him/her and talk like you mean it.

• 4 weeks later...

What I like to do when my dog starts pulling too much, is change direction. Doesn't matter if that's the direction I need to go. She starts pulling ahead of me, I just turn around and start marching the opposite way!

For me, that works like a charm!  :D

I used to have a rotweiler / doberman mix a few years ago. Back then, the question was not how to stop her from pulling, but how to manage to come back at home with her once we got out, or how to manage to walk in the direction i wanted.  :D I am not taller than 4 feet 11 inches (1,50 in metrics) and she was much taller and much heavier than me, so she was the leader without a question. God bless the doggie treats that got me back home safe everytime!  :D

There are a few ways to get your dog to stop pulling on the leash.  The first is like what EventHorizon said and that is to simply change directions when he/she is starting to lead out in front.  Another is to just stop.  When your dog looks back at you, reward or praise and go again.  But of course, you could always just enjoy being pulled around as your dog would just love it!