For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Regrets?

michaelmlb

This is a question I like to ask simply because it tells you a lot about a person.

If you had the chance to go back and change some of the things you regret in your life, would you?

Personally, I would not. Not because I don't have any regrets, but because I am fairly happy with the person I am today. If I were to change things in my past it might have a negative effect in the present.

So if you had that chance what would you do?

Hi

It is no use to mourn about what I could have changed in the past. The important question should be 'What can I do to improve my situation now?'. I believe that every person alive has the ability to improve his or her current situation in one way or another. If you become a hostage of of the past, you immobilise your life and you will not move but rather you will take steps backwards.

Thank you, I totally agree. People who live in the past are doomed to repeat the same mistakes, often without realizing it.

This is a sad fact of life, but a fact none the less.

Regret is a funny thing; I find myself borderline on this topic. There are things in my past that I am not happy with and definitely some things that I am not proud of.  But, those things have molded and shaped me into the person I am today, which I would not change. Yeah, there are things about me that I could say I'd change, like be more motivated, or more punctual. There are definitely physical traits that I would like to change about myself. Overall, I am me, and me is who I am. I am who my friends and family love me for being. I have made it farther in my short life than many people my age. I have taken opportunities, and missed some, too. But for those opportunities I have missed or declined, new ones have always come along- some better than the ones before. So pretty much, no regrets; for if I didn't want to do something at one time, then I didn't want to do it. If I did something at a moment in time, well, I did it for a reason, no matter what reasoning I look back at the situation with now. There's no one else like me in the world... and that, I do not regret.

Regrets in life? I have some, but I don't totally regret it because it will just make you feel miserable. I consider failure as a lesson in life to make me a much better person

• 8 months later...

I think gyap72's view is the same as mine. I consider regrets as a lesson in life. Every trial comes as a surprise and we're bound to answer them by our own mistakes unprepared.

I think you can regret some things that you have done or not done in your life and still be happy with the way your life is.

Changing a few decisions in your past does not have to change your present.

Of course I have some regrets.  My biggest regret is not hugging my Grandma when I went to see her in the hospital.  My daughter at the time had a cold and I didn't want to pass on those germs.  I went to visit and took her flowers.  I of course told her how much I loved her, but didn't want to hug her and pass germs.  She passed away that night in her sleep.  I regret not getting 1 last hug.  Would it have changed my life now?  No!  But I would have felt better about it.

KN-- I understand what you are talking about.  When my Uncle was dying with lung cancer we weren't allowed to touch or hug him because he was worried about the germs. 

My grandpa died this summer, and while I don't really have any regrets about how things were handled, I would have loved to have been with him when he died. Things went downhill so quickly that we didn't make it.  We arrived 12 hours after his death. 

The only thing I would have changed in my life was the degree I got in college.  I think I would have gone for something more sedentary.  I had to retire early because of arthritis because my line of work was very physical.  I would have loved to have continued to work until I was ready to retire.

First off, everyone has regrets, if you say you don't then I think you are lying to yourself. I like to say I don't have any major regrets (that is not the same thing).

I do regret things like trying to eat a wheelbarrow full of food when I was in Austria, I was sick as a dog for like a whole day. I have a few other minor regrets like CDs I've bought and air fresheners I've put in my car (I've had a few that made me feel sick), but major regrets... no.