For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Online savings accounts?

ABCDboys

With our tax refund money coming soon I'm looking into another option for the extra money we want to keep in our savings. We currently have a savings account at a local bank which earns next to nothing. I've read a little about online savings accounts and how they typically earn more money. But I don't know very much about them. Are they safe? Are there any stipulations I should know about ahead of time? I'd appreciate any information anyone has on if these are worth looking into.

As long as you use a legitimate online bank that is FDIC insured, you are just as safe as the bank down the street.  I use ING Direct myself for my savings that I'm trying to build for long term.  You can still get it within a couple days but it's not quite as easy as running down the street to the ATM. 

With this particular bank, the account is attached to your main bank account so that you can deposit or withdraw your funds as needed.  The interest is only around 2.5 or 3% right now but it's still better than a regular savings account. 

If you open one, try to deposit at least $250 because they are giving a $25 bonus or they were when I opened mine.  Nice 10% earnings right then and there.