For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Social Issues Discussion

Jan012499

I sometimes listen to conservative talk radio.  Recently, I listened throughout the day to two different stations.  The patterns between one and the other seem about the same in the conservative sense although one has more shows syndicated nationally rather than locally.  Both stations go over social issues whether initiated by the host or the caller. 

In the short time that I listened one morning to a conservative talk show host that is syndicated nationally, the calls varied over a wide range.  I listened to a worker calling in to discuss his feelings about China and the manufacturing jobs being outsourced to that country from the USA.  After being asked by the host, the caller acknowledged that although concerned about all outsourcing, his primary concern was in manufacturing which directly affected him.  Another caller was a young boy who was concerned about an omission in his textbook.  He is in elementary school and his Social Studies textbook does not cover the history of the Lewis and Clark expedition.  It only briefly mentions it.  He was concerned about the brevity of such an important event in our country’s history.  The host was kind and asked for an email and said he would look into it.  The third caller was a professor who wanted to discuss how true Algebra is not being taught in high school.  He stated that so often college professors are providing remedial training in Algebra just so students can get ahead in college math courses such as Calculus.

What social issues have you concerned and would want to discuss if you were to call?