For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Daylight Saving Time

postingchip

Does daylight saving time begin this weekend?  I heard someone say that this was the weekend.  The earlier time change is really throwing off my sense of scheduling.  I am used to the time change being around Easter.  This just seems so strange.

Is anyone else having trouble getting adjusted to this earlier time change?

Did you know that the state of Arizona does not recognize daylight savings time ? Does anyone know the purpose behind this concept ? I am all about the springing forward . I enjoy longer days and the added sunshine.

My cousin used to live in Arizona and the time change would always mess me up when I called him because I would forget that he didn't have one.

The time change forward always messes with me, I hate losing an hour. It is hard to get my daughters back on track getting up with school and going to bed. I do look forward to the falling back time change though!

Daylight Saving Time was started to increase hours for retail business and reduce the use of energy.

I knew that it  would throw me off again this year.  I was on the computer when the time "technically" changed.  As a result of my sleeping in a little later, everyone else in my household did not realize the time change.  My husband and children did not have a clue. I changed all of the clocks when I woke up. lol

In the United States we have use daylight savings time to conserve energy. More sunlight in the evening means more stores and homes will not have to turn on lights as early. The situation in Arizona is completely different. The main reason they decide not to go along with daylight savings time is simply because it's so hot there. They look forward to it getting darker sooner due to most activities there taking place after sunset. So no special reason.  :)