For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What are you reading now?

Irelyn

Antoreen-- those sound really neat.  I wanted to try the two epics you mentioned but haven't had a chance yet.

So, an update about what I'm reading:

I'm reading "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" by Robert Heinlein. I hadn't realized how much I missed reading sci-fi. 

I'm also reading a book on health care in the US-- called "Flatlined: Resuscitating American Health Care" by Dr. Guy Clifton, a neurosurgeon from Texas.    This one is really interesting and is making me think a lot. 

I cannot guess the content of Dr. Clifton's book although I am aware that America has been for some time occupied with the health care issue.

I can request you to read the Indian epics if you find leisure ever. The following links may be helpful:

THE MAHABHARATA

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/maha/index.htm

THE RAMAYANA

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/index.htm

V.C Andrews is my all time favorite. I am currently reading the Delia's series. It has three book to it and I just started book number two.

I used to absolutely love reading V.C. Andrews books.  But that was years ago, before she died and someone else began writing under her name.  The "Flowers In The Attic" series was so good.  They ruined it with that boring mess of a movie they made from it.  "Heaven" was also an awesome series.  I tried the next couple of books that were written by someone else under her name, and it was just obvious they didn't even have the same writing style.  Is the Delia series really good?  I've never found a favorite author to replace V.C. Andrews and I'm willing to give the new books a shot.  Other than that, I most read autobiographies.  I've honestly been working so much lately that I haven't had time to read anything.

I used to absolutely love reading V.C. Andrews books.  But that was years ago, before she died and someone else began writing under her name.  The "Flowers In The Attic" series was so good.  They ruined it with that boring mess of a movie they made from it.  "Heaven" was also an awesome series.  I tried the next couple of books that were written by someone else under her name, and it was just obvious they didn't even have the same writing style.  Is the Delia series really good?  I've never found a favorite author to replace V.C. Andrews and I'm willing to give the new books a shot.  Other than that, I most read autobiographies.  I've honestly been working so much lately that I haven't had time to read anything.

Happy I am learning from you that you have interest in autobiographical works. I have read autobiographical works of Charlie Chaplin and Einstein. I wonder if Shakespeare would have left one. I have loved to read autobiographical fiction ''Sons and Lovers'' by D.H.Lawrence. ''Memoirs'' of Pablo Neruda is also very interesting.

I am from India and my first language is Bengali. Have you heard of R.N.Tagore? He is the greatest of the modern Indian poets. I have read his autobiography. I have loved that too.

My husband is a huge RUSH fan. He saw them in concert several times back in high school. I rarely meet anyone who even knows who they are!

I love Rush! I know a few other people who love them, but not outside of my circle. People usually do not expect me to like them I guess do to my young 20-something age, but I love them! I play this game with my friends call musical ABC's where we have to name a song beginning with the respective letter and anytime I get the letter X Xanadu by Rush is the only song I can think of!

Oh and for what I am reading, I am trying to brush up on my H.G. Wells starting with The Time Machine.

Happy I am learning from you that you have interest in autobiographical works. I have read autobiographical works of Charlie Chaplin and Einstein. I wonder if Shakespeare would have left one. I have loved to read autobiographical fiction ''Sons and Lovers'' by D.H.Lawrence. ''Memoirs'' of Pablo Neruda is also very interesting.

I am from India and my first language is Bengali. Have you heard of R.N.Tagore? He is the greatest of the modern Indian poets. I have read his autobiography. I have loved that too.

I've never heard of R.N. Tagore.  Most of the autobiographies I read are celebrities, and recently I haven't had time to read anything that wasn't directly work related.  I've found a way to watch tv or listen to the radio and work at the same time, but read a book and work.... well, I'm just not that good at multi-tasking.

Dr. Rabindranath Tagore is a famous poet of India. He won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1913 for his book 'Gitanjali'. He is also the author of Indian National Anthem 'Jana Gana Mana'. He is popularly referred to as Gurudev. He has written a number of stories and plays which are very popular in India.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorite authors right now is Jodi Picoult.  She is the one who wrote "My Sister's Keeper".  I've read many of her books lately.  The Pact, Songs of the Humpback Whale, Harvesting the Heart and Saving Faith are the ones I have read recently.

Right now I'm reading Harvesting the Heart by Jodi.  My next book is by Nora Roberts, Vision in White.

I read all the time and I love it.

A couple of months ago I read the entire Twilight saga - I loved book 3 the best.

Dr. Rabindranath Tagore is a famous poet of India. He won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1913 for his book 'Gitanjali'. He is also the author of Indian National Anthem 'Jana Gana Mana'. He is popularly referred to as Gurudev. He has written a number of stories and plays which are very popular in India.

Rabindranath Tagore is the first poet in Asia who has been  honored with the prestigious Nobel Prize for literature. Yes, he is firstly a poet. Music of Rabindranath, known in India as 'Rabindra Sangeet', has exceptionally great appeal. He was a great thinker too. He was not happy with the conventional method of imparting education to the children. He was a great rational person and was also all for free thinking. He founded an educational center of his vision at Bolepur in West Bengal and the center was named as Shantiniketan meaning 'abode of peace'. Shantiniketan was developed into Viswabharati University.

He was a prolific writer. It is said in this region that one, in one life time, may not be able to copy the total works of Rabindranath Tagore.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading the new Archie and The Gang Digest comic book. I guess I love comic books that are like Archie-type. Any comic ones to keep me entertained will do.