For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What are you reading now?

Irelyn

For those of you that like to read, what is it that you are reading now?

I love to read pretty much anything I can get my hands on, although I do have some favorite authors. Nora Roberts' The Pagan Stone series is what I am reading right now, I am on the last book in the series. I like her books because there is mystery, action, and romance in them. I also like Lisa Gardner, her books have lots of twists and turns and they are not predictable.

So tell me, what are you reading and why do you like them?

The last book I read is a book by John Grisham. As always his novels are about murders and suspense. A patient from the ICU gave it to me after he was half way done reading it, he said he got tired reading it so he just gave it to me.

I have heard a lot of hype about the Twilight series but have yet to read them or see the movie. I may have to go pick up the set and see how it is.

I read all the old John Grisham books but I haven't read any of the newest ones, are they as good as the old ones?

I am an avid reader. I average a novel a week. I completed Angels and Demons by Dan Brown this morning. Right now I am reading Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely.

I love reading at night when the kids have went to bed. Its a great way for me to relax and have some time to myself. I have two favorite authors who I read as quick as they can write.

V.C Andrews is my all time favorite. I am currently reading the Delia's series. It has three book to it and I just started book number two.

I also love Danielle Steel. She has became a new favorite of mine, so I still have some catching up to do with her books. She has a ton out there. I just finished up with No greater love. It was a great book that often had me in tears.

I often make a trip with my children to the used book store every other weekend. We take in a few of our old books for trade credits. Then we pick out some more. I have my own account and the children have theirs. All of my children love reading as much as I do.

I like reading historical fiction, I have read all of the novels by Wilbur Smith, a South African novelist. His novels are set in quite a few historical periods, including, perhaps surprisingly, ancient Egypt.

The period I like best is the 1600s, when 'new' lands were being discovered and explored.

I like the adventurousness and freedom of this period, modern life is quite mundane and restrictive in comparison! 

I've never read Nora Roberts or Lisa Gardner, but the way you describe them makes me feel like I'm missing something. When I get a chance, I'll have to pick up one of their novels.

I'm currently working too much to have much time for reading. The last book I read was about the biological differences between the male and female brains. I learned many interesting facts and gained a lot of insight into why men and women do what they do.

The last novel I read was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I'm a huge fan of J.K. Rowling. I think she's fantastic. I fell in love with her writing with the first sentence I read: The opening line of the second Harry Potter novel. It must have been a while ago, because I can't remember the name of that one. :o

I just started reading Twilight last night. I haven't read anything in the last few months as I am so tired when I sit down to read. I go through spurts of reading anything I can get my hands on, to not reading anything at all.

I have rediscovered Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  The current economic situation and the recommendation of several conservative political pundits drew back to the book.  The author is a favorite of one of my idols - Neal Peart.  He is the drummer and lyricist for the rock group RUSH. 

I went to the library yesterday and picked up several of Anne McAffrey's Dragons of Pern series.  I have read a few of the many Pern novels but now I'd like to read them all and in order.

I have rediscovered Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.  The current economic situation and the recommendation of several conservative political pundits drew back to the book.  The author is a favorite of one of my idols - Neal Peart.  He is the drummer and lyricist for the rock group RUSH. 

My husband is a huge RUSH fan. He saw them in concert several times back in high school. I rarely meet anyone who even knows who they are!

I read anything I can get.  I'm 70 and a guy and you won't believe it but I love the Twilight series.  Click, I love Anne McCaffrey and her novels too.  I also love James Herriot's novels and my wife got me to read Diana Gabaldon's series too.  I have read Nicolas and Alexandria, Home Remedies, and the Bible.  I just love to read.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could bounce around three books at once, but then I lose concentration.  At the moment I'm reading "George Orwell's 1984", partly for research but I do find it quite interesting.

I'm also reading "The Tao of Pooh".  I know that's a strange combination, but "The Tao of Pooh" is teaching me to calm down mentally, which I really need to learn and practice.

1984 was a wonderful book and still is relevant today - if not more so then when it was originally written.

I went to the library yesterday and picked out three more Pern novels along with Write Tight by William Brohaugh, a couple of other writing books, one about green/natural beauty care and some marketing books.

• 4 weeks later...

Call it escapism if you will, but I tend to read more from the science fiction or fantasy genre than anything else. I'm currently re-reading my entire collection (all 11 books!) from The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, in anticipation of book 12 which is due to be released this November, according to the publisher. Right now, I'm at book 10, Crossroads of Twilight.

For new books that I haven't read before, I'm currently reading Sorcery Rising, book 1 of the Fool's Gold trilogy by Jude Fisher. I'm still in the first few chapters so far, but it looks interesting. There also seems to be an interesting bit of trivia about the author that I just discovered: apparently Jude Fisher worked on the Visual Companion to Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings movie trilogy. My interest is further piqued. :)

• 2 months later...

"The Audacity of Hope" by Barack Obama, and "Brisingr" by Christopher Paolini. Got to keep some semblance of variety and balance! :)

Right now I am reading the last chapters of Harlan Coben´s The Woods.

Never had read a book like this before. I have already bought a few more of this author because he catches me with his story from the first page.

I just got done reading My sisters keeper. Now I am reading Predator by Patricia Cornwell and also Finger Lickin fifteen by Janet Evanovich. It`s the Stephanie Plums novels. They are so funny. There are 15 books so far.

I love the Stephanie Plum novels. I'm on the list at the library for the 15th and I can't wait until it's my turn!

I am in the middle of an Anita Shreve novel but it's boring me right now. I might skip it and find something else that will hold my interest a bit more.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started to read "Icon: Steve Jobs" the unofficial biography of Steve Jobs. I have heard many people say that its a really good book & besides, I love to read biographies & autobiographies.

• 1 month later...

I'm reading a book by Kathleen Norris called Acedia.  It has small chapters that stand alone, which makes it nice to pick up and read a small selection from when I only have a short amount of time. I also am re-reading Jane Eyre. 

I also am re-reading Jane Eyre.

Ah! Jane Eyre, I just love that book, the films are nothing like it.

I am not reading anything at the moment. I really like all sorts of books, fictional that is - something to get lost in.

I have read the first two books of the twilight series, I actually got the first one by accident, I did not know it was "The Twilight" book when it was lent to me.  Once I had it I finished, in a day, I had to get the second, again I read it in a day.  I really want the third book but I know when I start it I will finish it in a short space of time, so I want to wait. Isn't that daft :)

I have read all the Patricia Cornwell I really enjoyed the "Kay Scarpetta" series but her last books I just cannot believe it is the same writer at all.

I have also read most of the John Grisham books, Michael Connelly -the Harry Bosh series, I just like "who done it" type books.

Sorry for such a long post, but I love reading and discussing books that I have read.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading Bengali poems composed recently by the young poets in Kolkata. Yes, I love to read poems. Rabindranath Tagore of India is my favorite poet.

I have a habit of reading the Indian epics frequently. The two epics, Mahabharata and Ramayana, have always been my most favorite.

Antoreen-- those sound really neat.  I wanted to try the two epics you mentioned but haven't had a chance yet.

So, an update about what I'm reading:

I'm reading "The Cat Who Walks Through Walls" by Robert Heinlein. I hadn't realized how much I missed reading sci-fi. 

I'm also reading a book on health care in the US-- called "Flatlined: Resuscitating American Health Care" by Dr. Guy Clifton, a neurosurgeon from Texas.    This one is really interesting and is making me think a lot.