For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: Increasing numbers of dogs

Froggy

I LOVE dogs!  We have three at the moment, 2 of which we rescued in the UK - one is a lab/collie X and is 9, the other a larger terrier X, also 9.  Our third dog we rescued here in France, she is a Belgian Shepard and is almost 2.  We are about to get #4 (an 18m border collie) in a few weeks time when we move house, our girls are so excited! 

Our soon to be neighbour used to rescue dogs in the UK, she now live in France with 17 dogs and a few cats  ;)  I've been allocated dog sitting duties, so they can go on holiday - together lol!

• 2 weeks later...

*Laughs* Oh no, Realistic, I feel bad for you, having your life being taken over by adorable pets! I didn't know about that trick to get rid of doggie breath.

I have a couple of cats and a dog. They all try to take over my life, but I just gently remind them that I'm the "Alpha Female," (by yelling at them :D) and they usually behave. Just like children, they'll try to get away with whatever they can. Early on, I taught my pets with vocal commands, so they know when I mean business.

I must say that I don't agree with your house being your pets' territory. It is, in a way, but it's yours first and foremost. As much as I love animals, I don't think it's healthy to put any animal before a human. People often get angry when I say that, but it makes sense to me.

I have been living in the same condo community for six years. I have taken notice to the increasing number of people walking their dogs in the park and throughout our neighborhood. There are at least five pet owners walking two or more dogs at a time.

• 4 months later...

We have five dogs indoors.  They are all small but they are quite a handful.  We have a Pom, a Chihuahua, two Pom/Chi mixes and a 14 year old Jack Russell Terrier (or terror as we call him).  We also have three indoor/outdoor cats that decide when and where they want to go.  We love our bunch but it is rather expensive taking care of everyone as well as the physical demands of taking care of them.