For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: Do you believe in God ?

j

I believe in God.  I believe in the Christian God.  I believe in Jesus Christ. 

I do not necessarily believe in ALL of the stories of the Bible.  I think there are some facts as well as some made up stories in both the Old and New Testaments.  But that does not mean that the words therein are not divinely inspired.

My belief in Christ starts at the end.  I think of the way his earliest followers, those who actually walked with him, died horrible deaths.  They were tortured repeatedly by Roman authorities before being put to death.  People might die for a "belief".  But, for the most part, they will not die for a lie.  These people died because they would not deny what they "knew" about Jesus Christ.  That, to me, is compelling evidence.

Not to offend anyone, I really don't believe in God.

First of all, there are too many different ideas about God. Isn't God supposed to be one thing? Also, believing in God gives some people someone to blame and depend on. I truly believe everything we get is proportional to the work and effort we put in.

Absoluetly do believe in God!

God is in both my husband and my heart and soul. He has helped us out in so many ways that we are so thankful for.

I am not as religious as I should be and we should start going to church again but we pray a lot in our house. We pray not only for ourselves but for others as well. God will always be in our hearts.

You know that is a tough question.  I was brought up Catholic.  My parents went to church every Sunday and sent me to Catholic school.  But now here I am later in life and I just don't believe there a God.  I have alot of tough luck and I just think God is real.

You "don't believe there is a God" but you "think God is real"?  Did you perhaps leave a word out somewhere in there?

I have studied the bible, some of the Koran and the Thora but no I do not believe in God.

I believe in the power within ourselves.If we want something to change we have to do it, waiting for some God to do it isn't going to get you anywhere.

This is not meant to insult anyone but my view of things. I have respect for everyone who does believe in some sort of God, as long as they respect me for not believing.

:-\ I honestly do not believe in god. I also do not believe in coming back as a tree either. I think that when the time comes for your life to come to an end that's it. I think that religion is a way to keep order amongst the people. If everyone believed that nothing happens after death there would be chaos. The beliefs keep people in check. This is not to offend anyone it's just my belief.

First of all, I hope I do not offend anyone. I do not believe in God. I think God is something for people to look forward to or look up to. For people who believe, God is there for hope. I believe there is something out there, I just don't think  that something is God. I do respect those who believe and I hope people can respect those of us who do not believe in God.

I am a Catholic and yes I do believe in God. I respect others who don't because they are entitle to their own opinion. I just don't like arguments regarding religion since I believe that we just worship one God even if we call him in different names.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe in the Christian God and Jesus Christ, whom I believe is the Savior of all mankind. I fell away from Him when I was very young, and was Agnostic for a few years. God had other plans for me, and drew me back to Him. Through a lot of pain and a very personal relationship with Him, I know in my heart and soul that He exists.

That doesn't mean I believe everything that's in the Bible, or that I look down on people who have a different faith or no faith. All of us who believe in a God, and those who don't must be careful not to look down on people of other faiths.

I guess that's a little off topic, but it's something that I feel compelled to mention everytime this topic comes up.

Do I believe in God?

My belief in God was instilled in me as a child. I attended a small church in a southern baptist community. I saw pictures of God all over my grandmother's house and everywhere else I went. Everyone I knew went to church. Mom and I said our prayers to God every night before going to bed. Why would I not believe in God?

Yes, I do believe.I am a Hindu and according to Hindu mythology there are more than 3.3 billion gods. But I believe in only one god who is the almighty.

Do I believe in God?

My belief in God was instilled in me as a child. I attended a small church in a southern baptist community. I saw pictures of God all over my grandmother's house and everywhere else I went. Everyone I knew went to church. Mom and I said our prayers to God every night before going to bed. Why would I not believe in God?

I don't mean to offend you beachbum, but I think as an adult you may want to put a bit more personal decision into your belief of God. I too was raised Southern Baptist. My father continues to preach in a Southern Baptist church and I studied the Bible for many years, was extremely devout. But as I became older I had to search to find my God.

I personally that God lives in many different forms for many different people. I don't necessarily believe that my Jesus is any different than someone else's Allah or Sun God. My God is personal to me. I think that's what God is all about. It's having a higher power to appeal to, it's having something to believe in and having someone to draw strength from. Some may argue that you're really just drawing strength from self, and maybe that's true, maybe the divinity lives within us.

I'm actually reading a book currently that anyone searching for a knowledge of a God (or that just enjoys travel memoirs) may be interested in. It's 'Eat Pray Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's opened my eyes to some spiritual issues that I never even realized existed within me.

• 3 months later...

It's very hard for me, personally, to look in the face of a child, to live in the wonder of my body every day, to observe and participate in life, and not feel the mystery of my existence and the reality of a creator and higher (way higher!) power.  But I do not believe in the punitive, vengeful God of traditional religion. I am spiritually inclined...I am not, however, "religious". 

Yes, even all of the bad things that happen in the world haven't shaken my faith.  I talk to Him regularly and I believe He is the only thing that I have that is consistent and who loves me even when I'm not lovable.  I think everyone has a right to their own beliefs but as for me, I believe.

• 1 month later...

I believe that there is a force in the universe, that is stronger & superior than all other "worldly" forces that some people like to call as "god". However, I have believed in God ever since I was a kid when I visited the temples regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

Do I believe in god? No I do not. How could something have complete control over who lives or who dies? How could this "entity" kill newborn babies to "test" you? Doesn't make sense to me. If God is real I myself would not bow down to someone or something like that.

I'm actually reading a book currently that anyone searching for a knowledge of a God (or that just enjoys travel memoirs) may be interested in. It's 'Eat Pray Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's opened my eyes to some spiritual issues that I never even realized existed within me.

I loved reading this book!  I was raised in a very ecumenical, charismatic environment. I've studied theology in college and grad school. I love religion and studying different world religions.  I do believe in God; I do not however believe that there is a religion that has the one up on any other, when it comes to access to God or accuracy about God.