For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: The value of a wet day

Guest Zui

I really detest wet days. I have to walk to work everyday and when it rains, it gets everything wet. Also, when looking out the window and you see dark clouds, it gives a negative attitude and you feel like you have no hope at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I cant stand horrible wet rainy days. It makes it very difficult to go out anywhere with my little girl. But at the same time I really dislike hot days as well. I wish it could always just be warm  :P

On rainy days I prefer to cuddle up to a good book or lay in bed and watch movies, however my girls get bored so I find arts and crafts for them to do or another thing we do together is bake.

Wet days are valuable to me. They normally force me stay around the house and take care of little things that are often neglected. Wet days also seem to provide an opportunity for me to spend some quality time with my daughter.

Guest okyerenyanor

I always find it difficult to drive to the office during wet days.This is because,wet days are always associated with muddy,water logged and slippery roads.During such times,a couple of accidents are always registered on our roads.

A wet day has been of value to me on more than one occasion. I have spent most of my life on the east coast between Virginia and Florida where wet days are plentiful. At the age of thirty I moved to Arizona where there is very little rainfall with the exception of monsoon season. Prior to my relocation, wet days seemed to be somewhat depressing for me because of my love for the sunshine. After many months in my new residence, I caught myself watching the weather channel hoping rain was going to come our way sometime soon. I spent many countless hours rinsing the powder-like sand and dirt from my porch, the garage, windows, cars, pool decking and a few other places I won't mention. One day, while driving home, the rain finally came. It came without warning. It rained so hard I had to pull off the road and park my car for about 20 minutes. When the rain had passed there was water pouring down the side of the overpass where I was parked and the street was flooded up to my car doors. My guess was most of the drains on the roads were clogged with trash and that powder-like devil dust that had been tormenting me for so many months now. I was pleased to see the flood and thanked the rain gods for cleaning the dust from my windshield so I could see the sunshine again. That is just the way it is in the desert. After two more years of experiencing endless months of blistering sunshine, I truly had discovered the value of a wet day.

Since I am a part of a community garden, a wet day is a delight.  It recently rained here for a few days and everybody was so excited to get to the garden after the sun came out to see how the rain had helped them.

Redhat: It must be fun to be part of a community garden. I wish my neighborhood had one.

BeachBum: Wow. I don't think I'd be able to handle all that sand. I live in humid Southeastern US, and I like it!

I understand why so many people dislike rainy days, but I think they're great – unless I have to drive. I walk to work every day, with all my supplies securely packed in a book bag. I always carry an umbrella with me, just in case, and I think I've only had trouble with the rain one time.

It was last summer. I was working two jobs at the time, and on my way to the second one I found myself caught in the middle of what could only be called a monsoon. There were inch-deep puddles everywhere, and the wind kept blowing the rain in all directions. My umbrella was almost useless! I was late for my second job and completely drenched. I didn't have a way to dry my clothes off, either, so I was cold and wet for my entire shift.  :-[

I still like the rain, though.

• 5 months later...

I love wet days!  It means I get to snuggle with my honey and watch movies and play with the cats and dogs we have.  We all (five dogs, three cats, my wife and I) usually wind up on the couch watching old movies and eating popcorn. Nice days!

Raining again today. I stepped out of my pickup and into mud that went up to my ankle. I love it! I am going to go get the Polaris out of the shed in a bit and go mudding for a while.  :)

I love wet days, just not a bunch of wet days together.  On rainy days we watch movies or we read books together.  When I'm at work and it's rainy it's fine too.  I don't mind being at work when it's all wet outside.

My family also loves to ride 4-wheelers.  Ours are Honda's, we own 3 of them.  Nothing is more fun than riding in the mud and getting all muddy.