For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: About friends who are they?

mscptncash

Ah friends, hmmmmmm. I thought I had a true friend of 13 years! To make a long story short, it turns out that she wasn't a friend after all. She stole from me, turn on me and I told her my deepest darkest secret and she told the biggest mouth in town, her daughter!  Anyway, when I met my husband late in life she wouldn't speak to me after I left the state. You think she would be happy for me. Oh no, she was jealous and never returned my phone calls. The one person I wanted at my wedding was her! Anyway, I could go on but she really hurt me badly and now it has been 10 years and we haven't spoken! 

I think everyone needs at least one close friend.  I have a best friend with whom I have been good friends with since 1999.  She has always been there for me and was my maid of honor at my wedding 5 years ago. 

MCB some people are just duds.  You cannot beat yourself up over helping someone that is a user.  You have a good heart.  That is a good thing.  Eventually you will find someone that is as nice as yourself.

Personally, I have found that I form better friendships with people that I have known for a long time.  I met my best friend during 8th grade.  We have been through high school, college, marriage, babies, careers and now grandkids together. As a result of our busy lives,we can go for months and even years without talking to each other.  However, she knows that she will always be my best friend.  I will always be her best friend. 

MCB, my friend and I also know the boundaries of our friendship.  Your so-called friend obviously did not know that such boundaries existed.

I believe you must choose your friends wisely . Quality is much more important than quantity. Having a few good friends you can confide in and rely on is better than having a lot of friends that are out to use and abuse you. It is a good idea to choose friends with common goals . I believe that keeps us competitive and striving toward our own goals. Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer.

I strongly agree with Timmy on this one. When I was in high school, having more friends was better than having a few close ones. Now, I see the importance in having fewer friends that I'm much closer with.