For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Re: Good education.

c_shaztheripper

I think I received a pretty good education. I went to public school all of my life and I didn't go to college, I went to the Army instead, but I think a good education doesn't come from just going to school it also comes from life.

I've made some mistakes in my life but I think the whole point is to learn from those mistakes and try and do better next time.

Experience is the best teacher and while I am not saying or trying to say anything about anyone who has earned a college degree or hopes to, you can not learn everything out of a book.

• 5 months later...

There is truth to what you said about experience being the best teacher. College education is fine, it teaches us the basics for the line of work that we go to. But life experiences should be made use of, and living is a lifetime of education. It helps a lot if you are a good reader and get to read and read and read about anything and everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had lots of education-- college, public, private, graduate.  Oxford, US, big school, small school.  I agree with both of you though, experience is key.  I've learned a lot from books and reading and analyzing.  What has been best though, is what I've learned from working full time and going to grad school part time.  The need to apply what I'm learning to my actual work situation has changed my perspective on book learning.  If you can't apply it, in many ways, it's useless. I love to read also, and agree with moonwind that reading is crucial to learning.