For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Snow!

Perfect7

I think it is unusual to get snow - in the south - as late as the end of February, and I KNOW it is unusual to get almost a foot! We sure enjoyed it, though. Who else enjoys the snow?

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Born and lived in a tropical country for my entire life, I first experienced snow when I visited Japan at the beginning of spring a few months ago. It was truly beautiful in reality; so much white! My friends and I did a quick snow fight because we could (and it was fun). I'd love to return and try living through one whole winter at least once in life, especially when the weather is too hot for words right now where I live!

Edited by Migi
  • Like 1

I'm glad you enjoyed your first snowfall, Migi.  I'm so used to it that I often forget what that wonderment was like.  I guess snow is rather pretty and can bring a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:50 AM, Migi said:

Born and lived in a tropical country for my entire life, I first experienced snow when I visited Japan at the beginning of spring a few months ago. It was truly beautiful in reality; so much white! My friends and I did a quick snow fight because we could (and it was fun). I'd love to return and try living through one whole winter at least once in life, especially when the weather is too hot for words right now where I live!

What a wonderful way to look at snow Migi.  Like SableC, I'm so used to seeing snow that I've moved south to get away from it.  I loved it as a kid but the older I get the more my old bones hurt with the cold, ice and snow.  I do hope  you get your wish to experience an entire winter with snow.  

• 2 weeks later...

I like it because it accentuates the nature it covers in a different way than just the old, boring, routine colors of the rainbow. :lol:

When you have a lot of snow, you are also going to have the bare trees that winter brings. Where I live, morning fog that settles over the nearby mountains and, in other areas fields of juniper trees, adds another layer of "color" to the bare trees and snow that catch the silver morning sun.  

But then after I have my morning coffee and realize that I'm going to have to drive through that mess....:(.......the honeymoon is over. 

I can relate to Migi because I have lived in Southern California all my life, so I have not had encounters with snow. I know there are mountains in California that are not too far away that have snow, but I've just never had the chance to get over there yet. I did have a retreat that had snow that I was going to go on, but I got sick at the last minute. Plus, I am one of those people who love the sun and the beach, so you'll most likely find me there!