For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Not Your Typical Weather

G R

One word: El-Nino.

This is a weather pattern in the Pacific Ocean that pops up every 5 years or so. Some patterns are stronger than others and, so far, this year is shaping up to be a strong one.

This pattern directly affects the U.S. more than any other simply because of the geographic location of the country. Living in Arizona, I feel the impact of El-Nino every time it comes around. From this first-hand experience I can tell you that it's going to be a wet El-Nino season in Arizona. (Some people joke that we have a 5th season in Arizona........El-Nino.) It has been raining more than usual ever since our monsoon season was supposed to have ended a roughly one month ago. It was raining last night where I live, at an elevation of roughly 5,000 ft. above sea level, with more expected today and the cooling trend to continue. At this rate we are going to see a lot of snow out here as well as other parts of the western U.S. I can't begin to tell you how much of a good thing that would be.

Here's a link that can explain more: http://www.weather.com/news/climate/news/el-nino-outlook-strong-possible-may2015

So  how do you think El_Nino will affect your neck of the woods? 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how or if El Nino will affect me in my current location, but I am pretty sure it will make life miserable for my family and friends back home in the UK.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For my area in the Northeastern US, a warmer fall is typical for El Nino. It has been so mild that I discovered a dandelion growing in my yard today! In my state, this has been the warmest December on record so far. I have reason to believe, based on different long range computer weather models, that this month will end in the top five warmest on record.The pattern will eventually start to break down by the second or third week in January and true winter should finally arrive in the form of snow!!

I can't say that I'm unhappy about this since I'm the one who gets to shovel the snow!  I've enjoyed having 40s and 50s for temperatures in December. According to the weatherman last night, the pattern will change to a more wintry one between Jan. 10 and Jan. 15, but we will likely have a bit less snow than normal overall. Considering the Northeast was buried in snow last year, I'd say we're due for a milder winter.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting sleet and freezing rain tonight into tomorrow. It is the first real wintry weather this season, but from what I am seeing in the long range models, we will make up for lost time over the next few weeks!