For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Activity ideas for 12-month old

asmm0829

Hi guys! I have a 12-month old daughter, 10-months when adjusted for prematurity. I'm looking for activity ideas for her because (A.) she bores easily, and (B.) I don't want to depend on TV as a source of entertainment. Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the fact that she bores easily is a sign of intelligence so that should give you some comfort even though I know it can get frustrating trying to entertain her. I found a lot of activities for both of my kids on Pinterest. Busy bags are one of my favorites because you can take a day to put several together and the whole activity and all of it's parts and pieces are contained in a Ziploc bag. 

I am in the process of finding activities for my soon to be five year old and seven year old (in 3 days :o ) to keep them entertained when our new little one arrives in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little one, LA! Can you tell me more about busy bags? I've done some research since I first posted and we're trying "sensory bins" at the moment. Not sure if you're familiar but they are basically a bin filled with inexpensive, baby-safe odds and ends of various colors, textures, and sometimes scents. I bought everything I needed for a Valentine's Day-themed bin at the local Dollar Tree -- a dish bin, three bags of dry rice for the filler, a bouquet of fake flowers, some V-day favors, and pink kitchen utensils for "tools."

When my children were that age, and then again with my grandchildren, I found that they loved to 'help' me do everything from cleaning to cooking, so I tried to involve them as much as I could. You don't mention whether your little one can walk yet or not, though. I bought my little ones miniature cleaning tools, like broom and dustpans that were toddler-sized. When I would sweep the floor, they would use their little brooms to 'help'. When I was cooking, I would involve them as I could, like allowing them to dump a cup of flour into the bowl or other things that they could do safely. They often slowed me down because lets's face it - they're not very good at those tasks yet! It was fun, though, and I think children learn a lot more than we think they do as they 'help' us around the house.

• Like 1