For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Volunteering Abroad

Marisa

I was recently reading an article about volunteering abroad. It seems that a new trend in travel is to team up with a volunteer organization, pay a fee, and go to an exotic location to volunteer. Your fees pay for your room and board with a host family or hostel. By doing this you can completely immerse yourself in the customs and culture of an area, all the while giving back to the local community. I think it is an exciting idea! What do you think about volunteering abroad as part of your next vacation plan?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

That sounds like something I would do in retirement. I have always liked the thought of having the time to help people for the sake of helping. Although, I would probably choose a location here in the western hemisphere. The other half of the planet is too violent and unstable for my tastes. I'm sure the organizations wouldn't put anyone in harms way, but still, I would stick close to home.

With all the earthquakes Chile gets, I'm sure they are always in need of more helping hands.

• Like 1