For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Online Reputation Management

G R

As an individual who is active online or is a brick-and-mortar business owner with an online presence, we should all think about the reputation that we have online. Here are some articles and blogs that shine a bright light on aspects of reputation management that you may not have known about: https://www.reputationmanagement.com/

Do you think you need this type of service? There has been a big marketing push for this soon after Google placed content higher on their priority list of how they rank websites.

• 3 weeks later...

This is definitely worth serious consideration. I know from some of my friends that a lot of energy goes into preventing their kids from creating negative online reputations, but before I read that article I hadn't thought about the work that goes into creating a positive one. Many people are still stumbling around on the Internet with a blog here and a website there, unaware that a reputation is building, with or without their active involvement.

I don't think a reputation management service is really necessary. It's like the credit monitoring services - unless things have gotten completely out of control, or you are working 24 hours a day, you should be able to do it yourself!

• 4 months later...

The fact of the matter is that a reputation that has been built over a long time can be ruined in a millisecond. There's no doubt about that. Unfortunately, negative reputation can result from competition or an incorrect capturing of facts. The article raises very important points especially since everyone's search results are always a click away.

This post particularly reminds me of a job seeker who couldn't even go past the first stage of an interview, simply because he had an online reputation problem. I see how such a service can be of importance to politicians, business people or folks that want to salvage a severely damaged reputation. Great piece!

Edited by lelan254
  • Like 1