For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Donald Trump's Potential

William Celano

I am writing this on the eve of the Inaugural for Donald J. Trump, the soon to be forty-fifth President of the United States. Ambivalent feelings are coursing through my system right about now. Having watched the "Make America Great Again" celebration this evening, and taking note of Mr. Trump saluting the seated figure of Abraham Lincoln before him, I wondered, "Is Our greatest president looking down upon another great future president, or a charlatan?" It's a reasonable question, is it not?

Well, Donald Trump is not exactly your "run of the mill" politician, in fact, he isn't one. He ran a campaign unlike any in modern history, or rather, in all of American History. He announced his candidacy and then descended an escalator, as if coming down from Heaven. He impugned the integrity of sixteen other Republican contestants, and then, did the same to his Democratic opponent. At most times, he sounded as if he were promoting a prizefight instead of running for the highest Office in the Land. He constantly tweets his comebacks to accusations, bypassing the Mainstream Media, looking as though he isn't going to "hang up his fingers" anytime soon. He leaves no derogatory remark towards him unanswered. What gives? Is he a viable solution for America's national dilemmas?

All I can say is that, he has potential. Somehow, by some means, even though it seems as though his actions are coming out of left field, the man has had an effect on me that I have never felt in a soon to be Leader of the Free World. Call it what you will, but it is nothing short of cathartic. He has done presidential things while still waiting to be inaugurated, such as, taking strides to create jobs, convincing businesses to take a second look before they leave the country, getting involved with International Relations, taking steps to dismantle the ACA, among others, while totally ignoring protocol. It's so overwhelming that Mr. Obama is scrambling to keep his legacy intact. What gives? Maybe his potential has turned to positive action already! He may make a fine president.  

Edited by William Celano
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hearing everything I do about Trump from every source imaginable, I'm reminded of what J.F.K. once said: "There is no school you go to in order to become President. It's on the job training." Everybody is so scared of what Trump might or might not do, and it all comes down to the fact that he has zero political experience. As if that experience is the "schooling" one needs to become president. They would rather deal with the devil they know (politicians) than the devil  they don't (businessmen). I don't agree with that school of thought. A good president is one who has good leadership qualities and can bring people together in the board room and make things happen. A good president is one who is good at doling out certain responsibilities to those in the relevant cabinet positions. Position leaders that he himself picked.

Trump has that experience. What he's not good at is projecting himself as being professional in the position of president. As much as I like the idea of a Trump presidency, even I have to admit that he seems to be stumbling his way through it all right now.

Growing pains. I'm telling myself it's growing pains, and I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

When he first started, I didn't imagine that one day he would meet up with someone like Kim Jong-un and try to control the world's nuclear power. He makes some questionable decisions (which mostly I could not relate with unless I became a citizen under his leadership), but he also seems capable of doing the right things. If he can tone down his Tweets and appear in the headlines more often for positive things, that would be just amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Trump and I hope that I will have the opportunity to do so again. Initially, I was not so much a Trump supporter, but I knew I could never ever vote for Hillary Clinton. She may be one of the evilest women who has ever lived. Trump has brought peace with North Korea, we are on the cusp of peace in Iran, plus the economy hasn't done this well in decades. I can't wait to see what is next!  

Migi, I don't think the current mainstream media is ever going to give him positive coverage no matter what he does. Hopefully, that will change in the future though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LA said:

I don't think the current mainstream media is ever going to give him positive coverage no matter what he does. Hopefully, that will change in the future though. 

When Trump owns all the media companies, then he will get a positive coverage. In my opinion, the media companies of today are like vultures because they soar above the clouds looking for smelly and rotting carcass on the ground. I always say this: Bad News is Good News. Good News is Bad News.

Edited by winuxchrosh
  • Like 1