For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Tattoos

Medusaz'Army

The art of decorating one's body by infusing the skin with ink of all the colors of the rainbow.  Tatts have always been around since as long as I can remember. It's hard to ignore how much this major rage has become ever more popular with each passing year. I have a few tattoos but they are located under clothing and not outright visible. I intentionally had them placed out of sight so future employers wouldn't see them.  In this present day, everybody is getting arm sleeves, tattoos on their faces, hands, necks etc.  They don't seem to be concerned that others might find it distasteful. Maybe tattoos have become socially acceptable even in professional environments.  Lately, it's almost considered unjust to judge a person's character by their tattoos and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

• 6 months later...

You can't judge a person's character based on their tattoos. One person with tattoos could be a thug, another person with tattoos could be a sweet, stay at home Mom. Truth is you can't determine the character of a person based on their appearance. It's stereotypical to assume anyone with tattoos is a bad person, or anyone without tattoos is a good person. 

I truly agree I have seen people with all kinds of tattoos and I don't wonder what they mean cause I don't care that's just what they like if you see a certain tattoo on a person that you don't like  that's your personal right not to like it and you might have a certain tattoo that someone doesn't like or approve of and that's their right also but most tattoos that people have doesn't mean that's who they are

There is one thing that employers will judge is the facial tattoos such as working at Walmart or any public business  I personally don't think that they would consider that to be a professional attraction for customers in the work place because most of the people would take offense to them I have worked for Walmart before and I have seen lots of employees with tattoos on their hands, arms but never on their face

It is wrong to judge people based on appearances, but as humans the way we tend to relate with others, especially at first meeting, is based on how we perceive them, and most of our first perception is based on appearance. Tattoos are not a bad thing to have, I have a few tatts myself(out of view though), but the type of people who publicized the art of tattooing is the reason why some people have problems with it. Imagine going to a job interview, or any place for that matter where reputation is one of the key determinants in the success of your activities there. I as a person wouldn't feel comfortable hiring a person whose face is filled with drawings glorifying the Yakuza or the  Russian Mafia. If you're going to have tattoos, it's best if you keep it out of view so it will not limit your opportunities, because like it or not, you will always be judged based on your appearances. Remember, first impressions last longer.

I do personally have a tattoo, but it is also out of sight and easily covered. I love my tattoo and it holds meaning for me, so I would never regret getting it, but I will concede that it is pretty irritating to have to plan ahead to hide it. 

Well, judgment can take on certain phases towards tattoos, especially in the workplace, where most employers who do not understand why and for what purpose most get them tend to have the "eye sore" effect. Some of these employers have them also, mainly out of view, which has been quite common with a lot of new business owners springing forth in these last few years. It is all about identification for most and sentimental memories for others as well as a huge culture for over many years by folks of all ages who have begun body art. I had seen a show in the past, an episode on Ripley's Believe It or Not, where this lady would travel everywhere to show off her years of body work. I also saw another show a few years after about a guy breaking the world record for most tattoos. What are the meanings to some of the pieces in your body art? Which ones would you consider a do-over? 

• 3 weeks later...

As our society evolves so does the concept of beauty and what is appropriate to wear in public and professional settings.

Have you seen what women were wearing in the US 70 years ago?

If I traveled back in time they would have locked me up on suspicion of being a lady of the evening. However a mini skirt and tank top are completely acceptable today, even in some corporate environments. 

So with the ever growing art form that is tattoos it is only a matter of time before our culture gives way.

Tattoo is a work of art and people who have tattoos should not be judge or misconstrued because they have it on their body. While some people consider body tattoo is a form of satisfaction. Then they use body tattoo as their source of income buy putting up a business related to tattoos.

• 2 years later...

I was brought up in a very strict religion and neighborhood. We were taught that tattoos were for those in the armed forces or in gangs. Well, I’m an adult now. While I don’t have a tattoo, I have not ruled it out. I also very much appreciate the artistry behind the tattoos. Most are beautiful works of art that have been a part of life in most cultures, I’ll bet, since the beginning of time. They are heartfelt mementos of people, places and feelings important to the wearer. How can anyone not look at them with awe?

I have four tattoos: One on my foot, two on my ankle (inside and out), one on my upper arm, and one on my inner forearm. All are usually hidden except the one on my inner forearm and I don't mind since it is a pink breast cancer awareness ribbon with angel wings. Every time I see it, it reminds me of my mother and grandmother and how I need to be really proactive with my health in that regard. Plus, when others see it they ask about it and maybe they will be reminded to do a self-exam and/or get a mammogram. 

I don't judge others based on their tattoos either because "their body, their artwork". That said, I personally do not like face tattoos and would never get one.