For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Is Music a Big Part of Your Life?

Katie Ann

I find myself singing or humming along with music so often! There are some genres that are hard for me to listen to, but basically I enjoy trying out just about any kind of music. I have noticed that my taste in music seems to change every few years, too, but I like it happening that way. It gives me much more exposure to all kinds of amazing talent.

One thing I like to do is to buy local artists' music when I'm traveling. I have found some great new indie artists that way. Is music a big part of your life?

Music is definitely a huge part of my life. I'm a writer and whenever I'm working on a novel I need music. Not only does it get me in the zone, but it also gives me a lot of ideas. I love listening to music from different genres, especially pop, country, and rap. I also love musicals. Rent is my all time favorite, but right now I have Hamilton on replay.

Yes, music is an essential part of my life.

I like music from a wide range of genres; pop, indie, rock, rap, spoken word and country.

Leonard Cohen is one of my favorite artists of all time, and it is he who inspired my display name, due to his song "Stranger Song" which is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard.

I like to listen to the radio, Absolute Radio is my favorite station.

Music is the food of life. It is such an integral part of my existence that I literally couldn't imagine life without it. For as long as I can remember, music has been linked closely to many of my most poignant emotional experiences and even today it plays a big part in how I interpret my memories.

Rhythm and blues and Ska was my indoctrination: hardly able to walk, but bopping and jiving. Country, Pop, Reggae, Soul, Rare Grooves: my staples during my formative years through to my coming of age, and mark a season of new found independence. Sweet soul of the 1990s brings back images of blushing young love and courtship. And so it goes on. I never leave anything behind, but continue to pick up new genres (and memories and experiences) along the way.

I believe all real music junkies inevitably enjoy a range of genres. For me, in no particular order, a typical menu on any given day could include: Rock, Funk,Jazz, Reggae, Country, Sega.

Thank God for YouTube play lists:wub: 

• 3 months later...

Music has always been a huge part of my life. I remember pouring through my older brother's vinyl records discovering old bands. I ADORE the Beatles and feel so connected to their music. Music is a sensory thing. It can bring you back to a particular moment in time, change your mood, relay an important messsge, and do in. MUSIC IS LIFE! :) 

Absolutely music is a huge part of my life. I frequent indie rock and other rock shows, and I have been playing guitar myself for over twenty years. I also listen to several different playlists while working on different tasks. Music has also gotten me through a lot of tough times in my life. I went through a recent very painful breakup, and my favorite bands and my guitar were the friends there for me when my other friends could not be. I love the way music preserves memory too--like when you hear a song and remember exactly what was going on the first time you ever heard it.

Sure, music is a big part of my life. I love music so much! I play it all the time even when I’m sleeping. I like almost all music genres, especially gospel, R&B, blue and country music. It makes me happy and lifts my spirit high especially when I’m down.
However, some music is not good enough due to bad recording and poor lyrics. Such music can sometimes be a big turn off.
But thanks to the good awesome artists who are always keeping the music spirit high.

I would have to say that yes, music is a major part of my very existance. Without music I do not think that I would have graduated high school. It was not that high school for me was a bad place or anything, but I had my first child in high school and school did not always seem like a priority. Although I knew that because I now had a kid that graduating high school was something I needed to do in order to get a job and provide, the thought of just giving up popped up constantly. Yolanda Adams and Dedrick Haddon gave me the encouragement that I needed to walk across that stage.

Music is a major part of my life, and I could not imagine life without it. I have been playing musical instruments for over 25 years now. I primarily play the guitar, and I have played in a few bands, especially when I was in college. I play other string instruments, and I also love the piano, although I am not that great at it. There is a great joy in playing with others, and when you really connect with another musician, there is nothing like it. When I am not playing an instrument, I am always constantly listening to music during my daily activities. You could definitely say that I have a constant soundtrack to my life.

Music isn't as big a part of my life as it used to be.  Now I mostly listen to new music on the radio while I'm driving and rarely dig into a new artist online.  Buying an album almost seems like ancient history at this point.

Yes. Music is like a cup of coffee to me and I don't miss it even for a single day. It is always a great stress reliever for me. Whenever I feel sad or depressed, I will hear my favorite songs on my phone or iPod.

Yes, I was practically raised with music since my father is quite obsessed with classical music, I have been hearing Beethoven, Mozart since the moment I got out of my mother's stomach, so I can quite confidently say that music is a big part of my life growing up, father even had me learning guitar and piano when I turned 7 years old, but strangely no matter how much I like listening to people playing them, I do not have the slightest intention of playing them myself, so my father just gave up and every now and then we would sit down, sip some green tea and listen to classical music while discussing things.