For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Can you control your anger?

Cardiac

I have seen furious people in so many occasions, but a question pops into my head: "Why don't you control your anger?". I am not the person who could control anger anytime, but sometimes, anger just makes specific situations even worse. Anyway, I am sure enough to say that I am able to manage my anger to some extent.

Controlling anger is one of those coping mechanisms that have to be honed in order to successfully navigate through life and be a positive member of society.  We all have the capacity to lose our temper and have an outburst now and then, but the ability to repair any damages that outburst may have caused is equally important.  

Well,controlling anger is no easy task,especially for short-tempered guys.Often,we lose our temper ,when we are not in a mood to talk with others.But later ,we would regret that it was unnecessary.In.my opinion,'Yoga' and meditation are much useful in helping you control your temper.Thoso who practice them,appear to be calm and patient than others.

• 4 weeks later...

I find it very difficult to control my emotions, especially anger. Most of the people are like that. But I don't show my anger to everyone. I feel that, only people who are really close to us can understand our feelings. So, if my best friend breaks my favourite doll, I will,of course, shout at her. If somebody else who is not so dear to me does such a thing, I will hide my anger with a "No Problem".

I learn how to control my anger problems. I've been in anger management since I turned 10 years old. After a long road of different medication, and therapy they said that couldn't help me. I was told that I would have to earn how to do it on my own. When I get mad I count to 10 relax my muscle's of breath through it. Anger is mostly a mindset.

I am doing my best to control it, but sometimes I just burst. After that I feel bad and apologize. It's always the same. But lately I am controlling myself just fine. If someone would make me angry, I would stop for a second and cool off, before I say, or do something I don't mean to. It helps a lot, to avoid conflicts and things like that, but it is inevitable really, in time there will be something or someone that will make you angry no matter how much you control it.

I have been one of those hot heads in the past. Then i started practicing martial arts and my anger disappeared. That said, there are situations that i simply cannot control but those are the exception to the rule. I believe control comes through experience. The more life experience you have the less prone you are to getting thrown off your center in life's daily struggles. The more you see of the world the less likely it is to surprise you.

The outward expression of my anger, definitely. I'm excellent at holding things in. I was never really a punch-a-wall type to begin with, though. But inwardly, I do struggle with letting things go. I hold grudges, and it colors my opinion of people, situations, and corporations for years to come. That's probably not great for me either, and depending on how much weight you place on emotional wellness, I might actually be better off if I just put my fist through the drywall and got it over with. Although, I suppose you then run the risk of criminal charges and lawsuits for property damage. 

American Psychological Association(APA) defines anger as a completely normal, usually healthy, and normal human emotion. It even goes on to add that some amount of anger is necessary for our survival.

However, many of us struggle with uncontrolled and intense spells of anger. Some even get furious at the drop of a hat. Uncontrolled anger can easily wreak havoc with our lives--Spoiled personal relationships, friction at the workplace, a state of gloom, and an overall poor quality of life. 

Therefore, it is imperative that one makes a conscious effort to identify the triggers of anger and learn to deal with them. For instance, you can simply walk away from a potential situation that may soon bring in a heated argument. You can as well practice relaxation, yoga, meditation, dancing, or virtually any other technique that calms you down.

If you still find it difficult to manage your anger, seeking professional help will be the best recourse.

Anger is a part of human emotions just like happiness or sorrow or pain and it definitely demands to be felt when it has to. However, it is usually good to keep your anger in control by understanding the consequences of your actions or reactions. Controlling anger actually requires practice and patience. I had a lot of anger issues as a child and I would punch walls when I had to let go of that emotion. As I grew up, I just figured out that things or people that make me angry do not deserve to get my energy wasted on. I would rather convert my anger into doing something positive and remain my calm. I usually avoid getting into situations that have the potential to raise my anger, but when I do get angry, I tend to keep my cool, take some deep breaths and understand that my angry reaction will make things worse and is not worth it. I completely felt the anger, but I decided to not react, for the sake of my inner peace.

I am never the one to consider myself an "angry person". In fact, I always have good bonds with the people I meet, and even get along nicely with those that don't like me that much, simply because I'm nice to them. But I think a great way to control your anger is to stop letting it get to you so much. I

I'm sorry for my previous comment, I accidentally pressed enter while typing and it seems like this forum does not have a text editor. Here is the complete thought of what I have to say:

I am never the one to consider myself an "angry person". In fact, I always have good bonds with the people I meet, and even get along nicely with those that don't like me that much, simply because I'm nice to them. But I think a great way to control your anger is to stop letting it get to you so much. I typically just let things slide down the drain, if something bad happens then I can't do anything about it, might as well move on and be the bigger man and just let things slide.

I think having the ability to control one's anger is of utmost importance so you wouldn't get yourself in trouble or be unnecessarily upset. The trick for me really is being fully aware of the kind of people around you, as some people tend to annoy without even noticing, it's just their nature. So just know that some things aren't worth your anger, and learn to ignore and just let some provocations slide, because most of them aren't even intentional. 

I'm a very quiet persona, so the most of my time I spend it being like that, but I have to admit that sometimes I can easily get angry and that's something that I cannot control very well, maybe I need more practice. When I'm really really angry I just whisper to my self: calm down or can give you an attack or something. Then I have to try my best to think on another things to distract my mind.