For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What are your top 3 favorite movies?

G-Panther

People often ask, "What is your favorite movie?"; and people usually struggle because they can't make up their mind. That's why I usually ask about what somebody's favorite three movies are. Mine are: The little Princess, White Christmas, and the Princess Bride. What are your favorite three movies? 

I have to agree that "What is your favorite movie" is a very popular question.  Sometimes it is so difficult to pick favorite movies because there are so many wonderful ones.  My very favorite movie of all is "The Lion King" and two other favorite movies are "Titanic" and "Wizard of Oz".  I have watched each of these movies many times and I never grow tired of seeing them.

I have always been into action movies and comedies, and movies that combine the two are a "must see" for me. So, I actually have quite a few "favorite" movies. However, I would have to say my top three are Rocky, Best of the Best, and Face Off. I'm also a huge fan of Samuel L Jackson, so The Negotiator and Snakes On A Plane are in my Top Five.

As an aspiring filmmaker, I appreciate that you ask for my top three favorite movies as opposed to just one. That makes answering this question a little bit easier for me.

First and foremost, I appreciate Pulp Fiction. Quentin Tarantino has a phenomenal way of writing believable dialogue between his characters, and Pulp Fiction is a shining example just that. Sam Jackson and John Travolta's characters have witty conversation throughout the duration of the film, and it always impresses me that those conversations were developed by Tarantino in order to push and drive the narrative of the film. It's incredibly difficult to write good dialogue for film, let alone good dialogue that's effective as well.

Second, I'd pull in favor of Hot Fuzz. If you haven't watched any of Edgar Wright's movies, you should check his work out as soon as you can! Wright has a way editing his films in such a unique manner, and I can't get over how effective his style is. Hot Fuzz is a great example of how you can create and edit transitions between scenes that help tell the story effectively. We see it when the main character, who is a cop, is being reassigned to a smaller town and Wright uses a succession of fast, quick cuts to jump between the various modes of transportation he has to take to get to the town. This does many things: It keeps our attention due to the editing, it creates the impression that the character has to travel an immense distance to get where he needs to be, and most importantly, it effectively gets our hero from point A to point B.

Third and finally, I adore John Carpenter's The Thing. I think truly good horror movies are tough to come by, and The Thing uses several elements that I think modern horror movies should draw from. The monster in the movie, an grotesque creature that can take the form of anyone it kills, only makes a select few appearances in the film. It's what I typically refer as "negative space" in the antagonist. What I mean by that is the film uses the absence of the monster to build incredible suspense and dread in the audience, making the eventual revelations of the being's appearance that much more impactful on the audience. If we continually see the crazy monster, it loses its novelty and scare factor.

Those are three of my favorite films!

I was recently asked what my favorite movie was (narrowed to just one), and my mind almost exploded. If I had to pick only three, they would be The Matrix (one of the best and most controversial ideas I've ever seen), Into the Wild (it has always been my dream to live an experience like the one Alexander Supertramp lived), and The Crow (one of the most beautiful and heartbreaking love stories I've seen).

• 3 weeks later...

I am not so sure at the moment, but let's say that my top 3 movies are:"Forrest Gump", "The Shawshank Redemption" and "Interstellar". "Forrest Gump" because it has a lot of things that you can learn from, and of course, because of my favorite actor Tom Hanks. "The Shawshank Redemption" is just breathtaking, I could rewatch it so many times. And last but not least, "Interstellar" because of the actors, complexity, and the soundtrack which is by far my favorite soundtrack from a movie.

Definitely agree with you on The Princess Bride. I think my other two would have to be Airplane and Clue. I like my movies lighthearted and easy to digest. Don't get me wrong; I love a good action/adventure story, but when I need to unwind, I feel like fast-paced plots and suspenseful scenes just wind me up more. Give me a good comedy any day. 

I really love The Matrix trilogy This movie slams you back in your chair, pops open your eyes and leaves your jaw hanging slack in amazement. This wildly imaginative thriller is a futuristic head trip you most definitely want to take. It is definitely one of my favorites. I also love Inside Out and Tangled. I feel these movies in the depth of my bones! I could watch them over and over again.

• 2 weeks later...

Their are several great movies out there, but I adore and yearn for science fiction/post apocalyptic movies category. I love great and ingenious ideas of what the world would become if something had happened differently. Therefore it only makes sense to me of course, that my three favourite movies be: Resident Evil, interstellar and The matrix.