For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

What is Your Dream Job?

TheArticulate

I've always been of the mindset that if we're going to be working for the majority of our lives, then it's incredibly beneficial we be passionate about what we do. The beauty of this is that everyone excels in different areas with different skills, and I think it's fascinating to see what drives people's passions. With that being said, what would your dream career be? No limitations, you could do absolutely whatever you want. It can even be a far-fetched career that doesn't necessarily exist!

I think my dream job would be to work as a filmmaker full time. I'm passionate about video, and in particular telling stories through the use of video. I work full time doing multimedia marketing for a college and while I find that fulfilling for the time being, I definitely think I want more out of my passion. I have an intense desire to create both documentary films and fictional films. To chase this passion of mine, I try and do as much filmmaking as I can in my spare time, of which I seem to have less and less of each passing day. A group of friends and I are preparing a team to compete in a 24 hour film race next month, and I'm really excited about it! We will be given a list of requirements to build a 6 minutes short film around and we'll have 24 hours to write, shoot, and edit the film and submit it for judging. It'll be grueling, I'm sure, but a fantastic experience nonetheless!

So enough about me, tell me about yourselves!

• 1 month later...

When I was younger my dream was to be a dermatologist. I thought it would be a great career path for me because I have been dealing with a skin disorder a majority of my life and I'm not squeamish to the sight of various skin diseases.

However, my life took a different path once I gave birth to my first child, and dermatology careers take quite a bit of extra time to start, so I ventured off into another aspect of healthcare. Healthcare compliance officer is my career of choice right now. The profession almost instantly peaked my interests as I was taking courses for a Health Information Technology degree. I researched more about what a Health Compliance Officer does and how to start a career in the field. I found out that I need to continue on and earn a Master's in Health Law. So as of right now I'm on my journey to earning my Master's!

I'm currently searching for my dream job. I have two small boys that I want to be home for, but I don't want to just wipe noses and clean all day. Right now I'm doing several different gigs like translating and mystery shopping. I love that it is so versatile. And I love that the internet gives you the opportunity to work from home.

On 5/28/2017 at 4:15 AM, TheArticulate said:

A group of friends and I are preparing a team to compete in a 24 hour film race next month, and I'm really excited about it! We will be given a list of requirements to build a 6 minutes short film around and we'll have 24 hours to write, shoot, and edit the film and submit it for judging. It'll be grueling, I'm sure, but a fantastic experience nonetheless!

Wow! That is impressive. I'm sure it'll be a real challenge, but great fun too. I hope you and your friends do well! :D If you went into making documentaries, what kind of topics would you want to cover?

As for my dream job, I think I'm still figuring out what that might be! Over the years I've had a variety of different ideas. But at the beginning of the year I started a degree (at the age of 30!) in environmental science, and I'm hoping that will lead to a fulfilling career. I'm just not sure what area of study I want to focus on. Perhaps something in wildlife conservation, or research? I'd love to conduct research in the Arctic. Actually, yeah... I think THAT would be my dream! 

Mine would be working as a digital artist, making illustrations, logo designs, banners, everything on Photoshop. I'm a traditional artist, I only draw with pencils or pens because I don't have a very good computer nor a graphic tablet. I just the time and the money for doing it and I'll be rather than happy doing it, creating my own digital drawings, that sounds perfect to me.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My greatest wish was becoming a pilot. I was nine years old at the time and all I could think about was aeroplanes and helicopters. This was compounded by the fact that most of the movies I watched had aircraft in them.

Just like @MysticalMagic, my life also took a different path when I grew up. I now search for online job opportunities.