For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you like pets?

shiyang712

yes,of course, I love dogs so much . They are always so happy to see you whenever you come home. Dogs love us unconditionally,if you want to take care of a dog ,you must love the dog as a child.

I love animals.  I currently have 2 horses, a dog, and 2 cats.  I also used to have a parrot. 

And it's a big responsibility.  It takes dedication (and a deep wallet) to keep them all happy and healthy...especially as they get older.  I help others take care of their pets at times too.  Pets give back so much more than they require though.  Once you get attached to them, they are like your children.   

In the past I have had birds, hamsters, and a cat. I also like dogs, and I would have all types of pets: fish, guinea pigs, ferrets, turtles, etc... I wish that I could afford to have a pet right now, because it really helps in life to have a 'buddy' that you know likes you for you with no drama (usually!)

• 4 weeks later...

I've never really been a "pet person". However, lately I've been really wanting a dog. I've never too much cared for cats. They kind of creep me out, but I have always loved dogs. I had pet fish when I was in high school but you can't really interact with fish as you would a dog.

I'm not too knowledgeable about dog breeds but there is this dog I seen and I believe it is called a Havanese Terrier. I seen that little dog one day, it was all black, and it was just the cutest thing! I've been thinking more on the idea of getting one, but I heard it's pretty much like having another child and I definitely don't want another child so kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place right now.

Growing up I had rabbits, but I hated cleaning out their cages and was devastated when they died. I don't really care about other animals. Dogs used to scare me, but now I tolerate them :P Cats can be fun, as long as they don't shred, or use their claws. So no, I don't like pets very much. 

I love the pets that are not mine because I don't have any pet right now and I won't have any until I can take charge of it. My favorite pets are little dogs, of any breed, my only requirement is that they stay small. I 'hate' cats, for the fact that they are always leave their hairs everywhere, other than that I can tolerate them. My friends have both and I rather to spend time with the dogs, they are more kinder and caring.

I think pets add to the personality of your home. I'd say to start with something low-maintenance like a lizard or a rodent of some kind. Jumping right to dogs or cats might be overambitious for some households. Especially if you're looking to the pets for some emotional support. Also, learn how to train your pet. It's much more enjoyable to have a pet that works with you and improves your life than having one that basically just eats your food and makes messes for you to clean. But seriously, start with low investment pets. See how you do. If you succeed, THEN go for more responsibility. If the lizard died, you're probably not going to do better with a German Sheppard.

Pets can enrich your life in so many ways, but they require a lot of effort and commitment. It's not a decision that should be taken lightly. 

I have adopted two cats and I cannot imagine my life without them, I absolutely love them. I finally have a sense of home because my home is where my cats are. However, there are downsides to this. You know the home I mentioned? Well yes, it's full of hair. They are everywhere - on the furniture, on my clothes, in my food. Also, travelling has always been my greatest passion and now I have to plan it far more carefully than ever before. Planning a trip with a pet is quite challenging and leaving them with someone else is nerve-wracking. My advice to everyone would be to choose carefully. In my opinion, appearance should be the last thing to consider when choosing a pet. For example, if you are not very active it's best to choose one of the low-energy breeds; otherwise you will probably regret it.

I really enjoy the company of a pet. It really doesn't matter what kind. I love them all. Back at home, i have 9 love birds, 6 cats, 4 dogs, 3 turtle and a few dozen of goldfish. I enjoyed taking care of them. My favorite pet is my cat named Remus. He is truly a lap cat. Sometimes, if I'm a bit busy doing something and he wants a cuddle, he would reach out his paw like stretching with claw and all just to gently tap you. Once you pick him up, it would be a licking spree all over my face. I miss that guy. 

• 2 years later...

I love pets. I grew up with all sorts of animals, but as an adult I hadn’t had one in many years. I finally brought home a kitten. My fiancée had never had a pet, so he thought they were dirty and noisy. Now, after meeting her, you should see him. He is a 6 foot 4 inch piece of mush around his “little princess!”

Yes, I do love pets. Well, I love animals in general especially dogs because they don't judge you if you are low on money or have gained a few pounds, etc. They tend to forgive and live for the moment, you know? I prefer animals over people!

• 3 weeks later...

As a pet parent to a hyperactive Jack Russell Terrier, I have discovered that my dog helps me exercise regularly. Additionally, the animal also keeps me company when I am alone at home.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone. I found it interesting reading the above posts because my wife is very much an animal lover. She especially likes cats. When our daughter starts school we intend to buy her a kitten. We are going to say to her, "If you promise to be very good at school, you can have your own kitten!"

Do you all think this is a good idea?