For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

How do you learn to swim?

shiyang712

My dad told me-- Try floating first. , don't lift  head to the side... Just pull it up straight and look at the other end of the pool. Be relaxed and stay on top of the water.But I'm still scared.how do you learn to swim?

As well as being a fun hobby, and knowing how could save save someone's life  My daughter, who teaches children to swim at our local pool says some kids seem born to swim, but most require some kind of instruction, over a period of time, whether from family, friends or formal swimming lessons.  It is most common, and easiest to learn to swim as a child, although adults certainly can learn to swim.  Formal instruction is probably the fastest and safest method to learn to, even if only long enough to be safe around and in water. If someone can't swim, being thrown into the water can be a traumatic, experience possibly causing lifelong harm, or even death. Please don't do this to someone who can't swim Swimming is a fun hobby and good way to get or stay in shape, that fear and trauma shouldn't have any part of.   

• 2 weeks later...

You need to get used to being in the water. I took my time learning how to swim. My cousins were better than me, but I can float and do simple moves in the water.  I like going to the beach, so I wade into the water when I go.

• 2 weeks later...

It's true, just learn how to float first. I learned how to swim all by myself simply by joining my friends that were swimming in a river. don't try to swim in very shallow waters, you will have no progress, I suggest trying something that is at least over 5 feet to help you float easier. Try imitating how a dog swims, try to have that motion as if you're climbing up a ladder. Eventually you will just find yourself swimming in deeper parts once you get the hang of it.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband taught me to swim.  I was terrified of water, but got up the courage to put my head under once I bought swim goggles.  That made all the difference in the world.  He showed me the breast stroke and how to float on my back.  It is best to learn with assistance, so you won't be afraid of drowning. The best thing to do is relax, you can't swim if you are all tensed up.  Go at a pace that is comfortable and eventually if you really want to, you will swim.

Start by getting in the water with some other swimmers. Stay in the shallow end of the pool. Move your body around while keeping your head above the water for a few minutes. Now hold your breath, go underwater and push off the side of the pool with your feet. See how you naturally move in the water, and relax. You'll come up for air naturally. Gradually move into deeper and deeper water, making sure that other swimmers know what you're doing. If you're not staying above the water as long as you'd like, ask others how they do it. The key is to just stay relaxed and don't panic. (If you panic, move back to shallower water.) Now just practice. You'll find what works for you pretty fast. Enjoy!

I learned to swim on my own. Our backyard has this huge reservoir to where I've learned to swim. Before i learned to swim, I got battered and bruised up because my Dad won't allow me to swim there. He is being protective because he himself cannot swim so... Each time he would found out that i took a swim, his belt would hit my butt. He stopped spanking me when he saw me actually swimming.