For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do You Ever Think.....?

buddys

Do you ever think of where you would be if you took a different path in life.  For example, my childhood dream was to be a vetranarian.  My parents were poor and couldn't send me.  I think if I could have a do over, I would have applied to college and worked my way through if I had to.  What would be your "different life"?

My life did not go anything like I planned when I was a child. My childhood dreams consisted of being a rock star or the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I also could not wait to move out of my home town, into a bigger city.

Here I am now in the same small town, and I'm loving it.  I would not want to raise my daughter anywhere else.  I'm an accountant and not a rock star.

I guess my answer to your question is, only on really stressful or bad days do I think "what if".

I actually did just the opposite! I worked my way through college and now I am only a mere 8 months away from graduating from medical school. I wonder what my life would be like if I had chosen a less challenging/stressful path. Don't get me wrong, I love medicine, but sometimes I just wish I could live a life that is a little more carefree!

I don't remember what I wanted to do when I was little.  I used to think (in high school) that I wanted to be a doctor or a teacher or a writer.  When I started college I was a pre-med, education, theology, English major.  That's indecisive. =)

As far as taking different paths, I sometimes wonder where I would be if I could move to a different country or something like that.  The money I owe for school must be paid off before I can move though.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents didn't finish their schooling either and had no idea about getting into college or how to go about it so my do over would also be to go to school directly out of high school. I always wanted to be a National Geographic photographer or an archeologist!

I wouldn't go back and change a thing even if I could.  Sure, I made my share of mistakes along the way, but every path I chose brought me to where I am today.  I'm with the love of my life who, for some reason I can't comprehend, loves me in spite of my flaws.  We're not rich, but we're not living on the streets, so it's all good.  If I made changes to my past, I'd be living a whole different "present".  So I'm not even going to try to imagine "what might have been".

I wouldn't go back and change a thing even if I could.  Sure, I made my share of mistakes along the way, but every path I chose brought me to where I am today.  I'm with the love of my life who, for some reason I can't comprehend, loves me in spite of my flaws.  We're not rich, but we're not living on the streets, so it's all good.  If I made changes to my past, I'd be living a whole different "present".  So I'm not even going to try to imagine "what might have been".

Gidget-- I really like what you wrote.  I totally agree with that for who I am today and where I'm at in my life right now.  Despite my mistakes, or even family-stuff, I wouldn't be the same person without all of those experiences.  And I like who I am not. 

I like the path I am pacing now, though it is not exactly like what I dreamed of before. I just regret a bit with the way studied in college. If I were studied harder and...well, more smartly, I think I will be luckier now.

I used to dream about becoming a successful flight stewardess someday but I graduated with a degree of Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy instead. Maybe my childhood goal isn't right for me, I realized lately that I can't serve people on the plane because I tend to get dizzy when I travel in a plane so I chose my job as a PT to take good care of my patients.

Guest razzles3

If I could do it all over again, I would have made sure that I was financially stable before getting married. I married with some debt, and my husband had debt, as well, going into the marriage. We never fully recovered before starting our family. Now, as my son gets ready to appply for college,it will be a struggle. I am still happy with most of my choices, but having zero debt would surely make life much easier.

If going back and doing things differently means not having my kids, I wouldn't want to change a thing. If you asked me before I had my children I would have told you that I would have loved to have finished college. I was three months away from graduating with a degree in Surgical Technology when I decided that it just wasn't for me. Yes, life would be easier with that kind of job and salary but I love the life and family I have now, even if we do struggle from time to time.