For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Critical thinking

Shokhrukh

I believe that Critical or Creative thinking is one of the most important skills that people need to have. If wee look at the past all Great people had the ability to think critically. Nowadays, when the world is developing at the great pace, it is important for us to develop critical thinking skill in our children from very young age. Who can tell how critical thinking could be developed in a child.

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely agree with you, children should definitely be encouraged to develop critical thinking from an early age. If not, the chances are that later will be too late. 

Inability to develop critical thinking has started spreading like a virus among young generations. Children, naturally, seek approval from their peers and try to fit in. The easiest way to do it is to copy/paste, right? So, that's what they do. The internet has taken this to the extreme. Imagine you are an average high school kid who has no other aspirations in life but to be accepted. And you have access to SNS. The more you look/act like popular kids the closer you are to your goal. Who cares about critical thinking while struggling with life's greatest tragedy - loneliness? If you have a child who is prepared to handle this pressure you are a winner. 

Critical thinking was a nice topic in my middle school. I am not sure why it was so popular. I guess they were trying to link people together on an off-shoot  of a book from elementary school while promoting general decision making at a time when kids make a lot of decisions that affect their lives. Also, they might have had a sneaky agenda, because some things that could be dubbed critical thinking exercises could be traps. I steered clear of them just fine. In college, kids were again linked on critical thinking, but really by this point, they were too far gone to be true critically thinkers. All they could do at this point, is think like other people, be impressed when they thought a like and form bonds together. But, not advance and solve problems to build a brighter future. When you reach a point of building teams on thinking together, it is like threading on thin ice.