For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

A Plea for Tourists

tonijon

Living in a coastal town is wonderful.  I love every minute.  We get tons of beachgoers in the summer time and traffic is heavy.  Our economy is based on tourism here.  However, I would like to issue a plea to all the tourists to please treat my home like you would treat your own.  Don't throw trash on the beach or tear down the dunes that help hold back the tides.  I would never dump garbage on your front lawn or dig up your flowers.  Please don't do it to mine.  Please?????

• Like 2

Tonijon, it's crazy how much people lack respect for the earth and environment. The other day I took my younger cousins to the duck pond, and there was so much litter. There was trash and cigarette butts running along the side of the pond and also inside of it. Not only does it make the scenery look bad, but it's also harmful to the ducks and other birds that are in that location. It also sends a bad message to the youth, who will think it's okay to not take care of the environment because they see everyone else doing it.

• Like 1

I agree completely, living in a tourist hotspot. There are so many tourists who seem to think that because they are on holiday, good manners get left at home. Please, just take the time to throw rubbish away, and remember these are places where people live. What is the old line? "Leave only footprints, take only memories" although I think taking a photo or two is quite understandable!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kellis, I never thought of it that way, but yes tourists do seem to leave their manners behind when traveling. It's sad, because they wouldn't want anyone to ruin their environment where they reside, but they do it to others.

• 3 weeks later...

I also live in a coastal area and we have the same problem. Sometimes even with the locals. There's a special event around June and we get many, many visitors on our beaches at night. However, these last few years people have left trash all over the beach. The community has dealt with it by encouraging everyone to throw trash where it belongs or to bring bags with them to pick up after themselves. They've also organized groups to clean the beaches after these activities happen. We must set the example and hopefully, everyone who visits will follow.

Edited by Emi_s

• 1 month later...

It is unfortunate that a lot of people don't care about keeping the environment safe and clean but they'll still expect to enjoy their holidays. It is said that nature has a way of revenging the misdeeds done to it. I wish that most of the establishments around the beaches would have stricter conditions for tourists and penalties for anyone littering the environment. Is this achievable?

Edited by lelan254