For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Do you visit your local library

Kelly302

Today at our local library they are having Story Time for the children. On Friday they will have Family Film day where they show a family friendly film for you to enjoy. We love the programs that our local library offers for the family for free. While we are there, we usually check out a book or two also. Do you visit your local library for the free programs? Do you bring your children to check out books?

• 2 months later...

Yes, both my husband and I use our "virtual" public library every day and our "actual" facility a couple of times a week for check-out and return purposes. Through our library, we can use Lynda.com and Microsoft Imagine Academy for free whenever we need to learn a new computer skill. We also use Universal Class and various reference databases for continuing education. Plus, we dip into many magazines and newspapers online with our library card and read or listen to books and watch streaming videos online. One of the things we especially enjoy about our public library is we can check out an entire season of a television series and "binge watch" it all at once instead of having to wait to watch it one disc at a time from Netflix. On top of that, we get our income taxes done every year for free!

These are nice posts friends. Well, I used to visit my local library quite regularly but I got internet access at my home for about four years and now the library-visit is just out of my to-do-list because of several reasons. My reading and learning needs just get satisfied with the internet so I do not need to visit my library anymore. Internet learning is quite a time-saving activity because I do not need to travel to the library. Moreover, the search engines, like Google and Bing, have facilitated the learning process and finding some specific information on the internet is far easier and quicker. But I think we should visit our libraries for events and get-to-gathers because virtual interaction with people cannot replace the physical social interaction. So I plan to attend cultural programs that take place at our local library.

Well, I don't visit my local library. I have library facilities at home. Ebooks sitting unread on my hard drive, paperbacks beckoning to me on the shelf, and a serene environment, especially at night. Writing and reading habits are very strange to people in my city, so I prefer my home library.

I visit my local library all the time. I'm lucky enough to live somewhere that has multiple libraries, so I get to switch it up often. I have a one-year-old son who loves going to them. They usually have great play areas and, obviously, a lot of books for us to read through. I try to take advantage of services the government provides, because why not? Our tax dollars go towards them and they usually offer a lot of great services. 

I love going to my local library even though I don't have kids or lots of free time for reading. I've decided the library here in Huntsville is the the unsung art center in our city. I love stopping in to see displays of anything and everything made by local artists. They also have talks with local authors, book clubs for all ages, and a classic film series. I go about once a week, but I only get books once a month or so.

Having moved to a new city recently, I'm very impressed with the main library here. Although I'm not a big time big reader or book person at all, I really do appreciate the modern, light and airy design of this building which is split across 3 floors. There are many desks and computer workstation all around with electrical sockets so that you can bring your own computer as well as using the libraries own terminals, plus the bonus of beautiful scenic views across the river and city from the desks which are situated next to windows. It's obviously a great space for study, but also a great potential alternative office space if you are a freelancer or self employed. They also have sound proofed private meeting rooms yet with full length glass on all sides so that you can still take advantage of the natural daylight and those inspiring views across the river and city skyline. There is a children's library section here as well as free regular community and education events on offer, although I've not head time to check out those offerings as yet.

To be honest, I rarely go to the local library. Nowadays I just surf the internet for anything I want and get my answers and I don't bother to go to the library much when I can find everything sitting at home.

• 1 month later...

Going to the library is one of the things I most remember about my childhood. My sisters and I passed many an afternoon there looking for books. The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter was one of our favourites. Now that I am older and learning French, I like to go to the French institute that we have in our city. They have a vast film and book library. I usually take out 1 book per month and 2 films per week to aid my learning of French. Other than that. I sometimes go just to study or work on my computer in peace.

• 1 month later...

I love my local library.  Our library has a great selection of books, magazines, and DVDs.  If something I want isn't available at our library, they can get it from another library for me to borrow.  It isn't often that they can't get what I'm looking for.  

I really love checking out books through the library.  I love to read and already have too many books for the small space I live in.  I don't like spending a lot of money on DVDs, so checking them out through the library is a great way for me to enjoy movies as well.  

I love the library! I live in a fairly small town, but our library system is awesome. We don't have wifi at our house, so I go there a lot for that, plus I borrow movies and TV shows quite often as well. I also take full advantage of the digital services where you can borrow Kindle eBooks. I don't remember the last time I paid for a movie outside of theaters or a book, that's how often I use our local library. Our library does have an amazing kids program too, which I will be taking advantage of when I have children. 

• 3 weeks later...

As a librarian, I say PLEASE visit your local library. Even if you don't personally need their services, your community does. Libraries provide so many services to every demographic in every population. Communities die when their libraries do (it sounds dramatic, but it is statistically the case).

• 2 weeks later...

No, I don't go to the local library. Very few people from my area visit the local library to read and get books issued. In the present time, books can be downloaded from the Internet and can even be purchased from Online stores. Kindles from Amazon are devices that have completely changed the way people read books. 

National Libraries do offer services that other organisations can't offer. They generally have a great collection of old and historical books which are rare to find to buy. So, if I need any book that I can't find, I will definitely pay a visit to the Local libraries in my area.