For account approval and general support, email migi@paidforumposting.com or go to https://discord.gg/HtwZ9YD

Drinking baking soda every day to improve blood PH, is this healthy choice?

Leeleakey

My dad is drinking baking soda every day because he believes that it helps with improving PH level in his blood. Him being a doctor, I think he made the right decision. I am not sure if this is something I want to do to myself at this point. He keeps drinking it every day. He is 65 years old and feeling good for his age. Not sure if this is just some tabloid he is reading somewhere or drinking baking soda is something that everyone needs to do, when in need. What do you think?

My grandma is 80 and she makes a lemon and baking soda drink. She takes one tablespoon of baking soda into a glass of water and adds the juice of one whole lemon in a jar, fills the jar almost to the top with water and lets it set overnight. In the morning, she drinks a glass of the mixture before eating breakfast and before bedtime. This remedy helps her in digestion, regulates the level of bad cholestrol and improves her cardiovascular health. I've never tried it myself, but it does make her feel good so I believe it works and it had a lot of positive benefits when I read about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried it several times and I don't think it's harmful in any way. Baking soda is my grandma's favorite answer to all of my problems.

Digestion problems? - Baking soda.

Acne? - Baking soda.

Natural teeth whitening? - Baking soda.

No yeast? - Baking soda.

Clogged drain? - A mixture of baking soda, vinegar and salt.

It will come as no surprise if one day she figures out of a way of solving my relationship problems with baking soda.